The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Coming from the DSM world...

Whats up guys? My name is Zack, and i am fairly new to the 4g63 world... Ive owned a 96 GSX for the last year, and replaced damn near every part on the car. Lol but the car recently got put on craigslist, and im in the market for a GVR4 next... Can you guys let me know what you think of this one?

Galant

And my car...

GSX

G

Staff member
Looks like a rust bucket.

Why do you say that? because of the chipped paint on the hood?

G

Staff member
Go take some pics of under the hood and under body and report back.

Planning on taking a trip to check it out when i get home on tuesday!

donniekak

Lol, someone on tuners is going to start a "I bought a car with no title what do I do now" thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

LIV4PSI

Quoting cl1ckclack:
Why do you say that? because of the chipped paint on the hood?

Read G's username, he stays true to it.

These cars rust alot under the doglegs and side skirts on the bottom. So if there is visible rust, there is probably alot more that you cant see. After buying two GVR4s, I won't buy another unless at least the lower cladding is removed so I can inspect it. My parts car looked super clean, and was like swiss cheese underneath them.

Summit white is the fastest color though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Oh boy... haha guess ill keep looking for another one! and will have no trouble selling the car in new england without a title as most of the states around dont need them for anything older than 96. Thanks guys!

ktmrider

Here's more on the car: click

Note rust comment on rocker.

Yeah, i saw that posted a few comments back, and chances are if you were to peel off those side skirts it would be really bad... thanks for the help guys! just saved me a lot of time, and possibly money.

JNR

yeah, you shouldn't have a hard time finding a real nice one for ~$5k...one nice thing for a buyer is they are still (too) cheap for what they are, but not so good for the seller; good excuse to keep it for long time though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

and im alright with paying a little more, and traveling for the car. Being from new england, it is extremely difficult to find clean older cars.

JNR

yeah, imagine so...gotta come out west /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif although don't think this state for instance has quite as many as elsewhere, but you're lucky you don't have to deal with smog stuff there.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting cl1ckclack:
and will have no trouble selling the car in new england without a title as most of the states around dont need them for anything older than 96. Thanks guys!

Wat? How so?

Yup, no smog, and no emissions for the galants /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

and i am not sure why, but in New Hampshire if the car is older than a 96, you do not need a title to register it.

one of the main reasons its one of the easiest states in the country to illegally import cars into...

JNR

wow, what an interesting, but sort of scary, law...really, no title needed? they at least verify VIN or inspection, etc.? I'll have to be careful then with cars coming from NH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah, you have to bring to car to a state police officer, and he fills out some paperwork for it, that you then bring to the DMV for registration. lol

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned