The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Im new to VR4 world but Not to DSM's....proud owner of 965

Whats going on people. My name is Dee and just a little about myself. This is my third car that i owned in less than 3 years with a 4g63 in it. I started out west in Seattle Washington where I purchased my GST, and GSX. sold my GST and came to Charleston South Carolina with my GSX. How i came across 965 is when i stopped in Jacksonville to see some friends that was having a Meet and met the owners who had 965 and 145 at the time. Made some moves and drove 415 miles 1 way to trailer 965 back to south carolina. So far she sits outside in until we finish the talon for Englishtown then we will get underway with project 965. Im not going to go big with her just a lil 3052 to power her. Im not a computer guy so ill try to get pics up asap. BTW is somebody has a summit white USDM bumper they are getting rid of..PM me.

just to give u some ideas this post is how she sat before i got her
click

Hears what she is doing right now until time to get in the garage
click

1990ggsxnj

Try posting in the WTB (want to buy) section to find what you're looking for. Quite a few parts cars out there so shouldn't be too hard to find.

raptorWagon

Welcome Dee, finally made your way over to GVR4 country.
to help you out with pics
galant0002.jpg

galant0015.jpg

galant0006.jpg

0718091646b.jpg

0718091646.jpg

0718091255.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mistaVR4

Welcome! Are you planning to change the interior back to all black?

I dont know because we have talked about putting back a color that is not to bad and deleting the red out the interior.

I know ive been slacking lately but have been working and buying stuff hear and there.
6 bolt bore .20 over
DSC00010.jpg

DSC00011-1.jpg

DSC00012-1.jpg

pro gram engineering main girdle and bearing caps
DSC00007.jpg

groden rods
DSC00006.jpg

and some wiseco 1400hd pistons attached to them
DSC00005.jpg

and some revised lifters i also have the evo 8 rockers to
DSC00008.jpg

head is fully deck with ferrea valves 1mm over as u can see
1001091759.jpg

1001091800a.jpg

1001091800.jpg

Welcome. Nice project you're building hope to see you at englishtown. You should check out dsmpartout.com he has a lot of oem parts for vr4.

cheekychimp

Hi Meeklo,

Be careful with those Groden Rods. I'm not about to start bad mouthing these (I run a set in my built engine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) but a few of the "Seniors" on here whose opinions I really respect have had real problems with stripping threads when torqueing down the end caps. Obviously you need to torque stuff down properly. Just be careful!

Paul.

Welcome to the org. Looks to be a hell of a strong bottom, with a nice head to top it off. Good luck , and keep us posted.
BTW.....IMO, loose the ricey interior. That red to white sh*t is hidieous. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Quoting jertech:
Welcome. Nice project you're building hope to see you at englishtown. You should check out dsmpartout.com he has a lot of oem parts for vr4.

Jertech were planing on it. Last year was our first year up there and the 1g broke the first qualifing round against JMF's car in the street 16. Ran the second qualifing round and ran a 11.32@132 on street tires. Since then the car has not made a full pass. Ive been thinking of buying the 3052 from him but who knows from now till then what will happen.

Quoting cheekychimp:
Hi Meeklo,

Be careful with those Groden Rods. I'm not about to start bad mouthing these (I run a set in my built engine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) but a few of the "Seniors" on here whose opinions I really respect have had real problems with stripping threads when torqueing down the end caps. Obviously you need to torque stuff down properly. Just be careful!

Paul.

Ive hear horror stories to man and Ive got to tell you it took me alot of courage to deside what i want to do. The car i was refering to with jetech has the same rods in it and has not seen trouble yet. and hes been one of the stronger cars around but just drivetrain issues. I hope to be careful with them like u said. I want to make sure this bottom end stays golden for a while until im tired of it...lol. And thanks man

Quoting Dbossman:
Welcome to the org. Looks to be a hell of a strong bottom, with a nice head to top it off. Good luck , and keep us posted.
BTW.....IMO, loose the ricey interior. That red to white sh*t is hidieous. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

ROFL.....we all said that when i picked up the car...the former owner of the car owns 145(MadbeachDSM) or something like that. I know the interior is the thing i would face but Ill fix it at the end when it is running. Only thing I like about it that is not pictured is the headliner. other than that...we can see it will be crazy looking for a while

Jazzyjay

Hey I have a house in Charleston and I am there about twice a month. What parts do you need if I don't hhave it probaly know where to get it locally

HHIVR4

Dee..I have been traveling and haven't been in HHI since we talked.
If your still looking for interior stuff I have a complete interior except dash and center console.
Ill be back in HHI in 2 weeks if you need a hand with the car or need any odds and ends to finish up.

Dave we should be in beaufort starting to put the motor together.....just hit me with your number one day and let us know whats up

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts