The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo suspension question

Vr4junkie

Can I use stock top hats on front evo struts or do I have to use the original evo top hats and drill holes?

Rears evo struts seem to go in as the holes match up.

Heres a evo strut with stock top hat

Same strut but with original top hat

Vr4junkie

Ok so there shouldn't be a problem then Im just wanting to double check.

SSGdave

If you use the GVR4 tops, it will be lower.
using the 1G DSM top up front with the Evo top out back will lift the car almost 1/2 an inch. (this was my experance)

this is 1855 with the 1G DSM front and Evo8/9 rear tops

I likeed how low it was before (top of the tire right at the fender) but the wheels and tires rubbed. A roll and pull job would of fixed it BUT, as a DD the lower highth was murder on the exhaust with speed bumps and the bumper didnt clear standard parking blocks out here in San Diego. was a trade off for me.

Good luck with your project, post pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

Vr4junkie

I'll try the stock tops then i would just hate to drill holes and screw something up ill defently post some pics I'm going to get the rear struts welded and blasted tomorrow but it should be a few days before I get it back off the jack stands.

KiNgMaRtY

It will also depend on what springs and tire size you are running. Keep in mind that Dave's picture is with 18" wheels.

Vr4junkie

Stock rims and tires for now and I'm going to use Swift spec r springs.

raptorWagon

1 Coil chopped front Evo Springs, non cut Evo rear springs. I liked little bit of rake it has in the rear, not a fan of sitting level. 15" wheels.
15138_211200625335_847246_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned