The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

clutch

just put a new clutch in and slave cylinder and the peddle stays stuck to the floor even after bleeding it anything else i have to check

gramkrakr89

Is your fluid reservoir full?
Did you bleed the system properly? (the entire system)
Is your fluid reservoir full? (check again)
Are there any major leaks?
Is your pedal assembly worn/damaged?

broxma

Did you put the throw out bearing in? I don't mean a new one necessarily, I mean one at all. I realize this is the "It ain't got no gas in it" answer, but you mentioned the clutch and slave and nothing else, so I gotta go with the next thing in the system.

/brox

Lofty

One sentence questions will get one sentence answers.

Bleed your hydraulic system the proper way, or pull your pedal off the floor?

Lol.

desant78

Is it an act or upgraded clutch? I know act recommends an extension of the slave cylinder rod fo their upgraded rod so check into that. Also that rod even back in place? More details would help.

gramkrakr89

Have you found any slop in your pedal assembly?
Is the slave push-rod properly seated in the release fork?
Is your master cylinder linkage adjusted properly?

If your master cylinder linkage is adjusted out too much, the feed port from the fluid reservoir will never open to the master cylinder, so the slave will never "self-adjust" like it's supposed to because it only has a fixed volume of fluid available. (e.g. it will stay mis-adjusted)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif just a hunch -something to check

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned