The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Not going into gear new problem

vr4199

Well I need some input again i had my slave installed over a month ago.

shifting was kinda rough but it worked.

This morning when i when to start the car and press the clutch pedal it just went right down to the floor zero pressure what so ever.

I proceed to open the hood and check the clutch fluid and its empty.

I'm assuming the slave that I got is no good.

My question is should I get a new slave and or clutch master cylinder.

any help ASAP would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

prove_it

I would just do both at the same time. Saves time in the end.

If you do get a new slave, get a 2nd gen eclipse slave cylinder. They have a better bore which helps with clutch feel.

vr4199

Well slave was replaced and nothing. It wont go into gear at all Help.

GVR4_1057

Did your hydraulic system bleed out properly? You may need to bench bleed your master cylinder since you ran the master out of fluid.

My car did the same thing and it just so happened that when I replaced the slave which was bad for sure I didn't have a long enough push rod so the pedal would go to the floor mimicking a bad slave, when really the rod was extending as far as it would without making any contact causing the pedal to go to the floor.

vr4199

Do you mean the push rod on the slave?

dsmless

I went to autozone and checked out both a vr4 and a 97gsx slave cylinder the 2g looks shorter than the vr4, and the rods are the same length, so which one should I use, I have had this problem in my 1g and I just used a oem one but I was running a stock clutch, I would like to improve the feel of my 2600 clutch, so should I use a 2g slave or an oem one with a custom longer rod, (if the rod method is best, how much longer, 1mm, 2mm),

p.s. sorry about the spelling but anyone that has met me knows english is not my first language, so be easy one me

dsmless

I have a act 2600, has about lets see 35000 miles on it

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned