The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch torque load??

Hi guys what torque load should I be lookinf at for a E316g at 25 psi. I know this is hard qurstion to answer but some clutchs( Spec 2) give you torque load of 375hp and not like (ACT) 2600-2900 lbs?

Not sure where you're looking but ACT rates all of their clutches by torque and always have for 15 years.

click

The terms 2100 etc. are used by DSM'ers, not internally by anyone that works at ACT.

Having said that, the two things you want to look at is the torque capacity and the friction material which will determine your drivability.

Either a MB1-XTSS rated at 400 ft. lbs of torque ( 2600 with a street disc) or a MB1-XTG6 rated at 513 ft. lbs. ( a 2600 with a sprung 6 puck) would work for you. I would only use the 6 puck if you plan on launching the car a lot and slipping the clutch. The street disc won't put up with that for too long.

Daryl

4thStroke

Going from a street disc to a sprung 6 puck, I noticed very little difference in engagement. The 6 puc is a little more grabby, but still doesnt chatter.

Id say go with the 6 puck.

OK guys thanx but I was looking at them an the ACT is pretty pricy at $450 ish..Then I have to buy the mitsu OEM TOB at $25. Spec 2+ is $359 with the the OEM TOB for $25 and free shipping. I can get a SBR-400 for under $400 shipped and that comes with the OEM TOB.
Where would you guys go??? Thanx /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

slugsgomoo

I wouldn't deal with Huml if the clutch came free with the $400 in the box, but that's just me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Rausch

Yes: Mike Huml=SBR

The guy I have been dealing with is Marti(prostreetdsmx1, On DSM tuners) from SBR. An I did oder the clutch.3500 with SS clutch line and 3 Qrts of Redline. All under 400 shipped. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Seems to be a good guy over there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned