The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Pressure plate bolt Torque

dmj

For you guys running the ACT 2600 What bolts are you using for the pressure plate.? can the stock bolts be torqued to 27 ft lbs. The reason I am asking this I had purchased a stud kit for the Fidanza flywheel and one of the studs broke at 20 ft lbs while installing the clutch yesterday.

dmj

I guess I will have to buy some grade 10.9 metric bolts . I am concerned though about stripping the bolt holes in the flywheel if I torque to ACT specs of 27 ft lbs.

Brianawd

The factory bolts will not take 26ft/lbs. So yes you will need to get some 10.9 metric bolts. The flywheel should be fine. I have done 26ft/lbs with a aluminum flywheel and stronger bolts.

dmj

Thanks for the info Brian it saves me some headaches /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned