The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

clutch pedal assembly

IncorpoRatedX

remove kick panel, remove steering column, remove pedal assembly. I did it last weekend, it wasnt that bad.

dmj

Half hour to 45 mins to get out. don't forget to remove the nuts from slave cyl in the engine compartment and unscrewing the speedo cable from the trans give you extra wiggle room to remove the assembly.

KiNgMaRtY

Really????? That's it? I was expecting like a 4 hour job to get it out as so many people say its such a PITA.
Thank you. I may have to do it soon

Last edited:

dmj

I did it twice . you get faster with practice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

DynastyLCD

Quoting dmj:
Half hour to 45 mins to get out. don't forget to remove the nuts from slave cyl in the engine compartment and unscrewing the speedo cable from the trans give you extra wiggle room to remove the assembly.

removing the speedo cable? never heard that one before. i didnt touch mine.

alot of my friends have different opinions on this. some dont even remove the column, i did and was glad i went that route. just take the key out so the wheels locked in the right spot, and youll be okay. the best things you can have for this job is a 12mm swivel socket, and a good air ratchet (in my case, electric ratchet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) i never did this on a GVR4 but i just did this on my 1g 2 weeks ago. do it right - shep bushings, and new OEM pedal parts, its also good idea to replace the clutch master if its older. dont just impact the nut on to connect the two clutch pedal pieces - weld it.

first time around, got it out in 40 min. back in was about the same. again, this gets quicker with practice.

4orced4door

It must be easier on Galants because it is definitely a four hour PITA job on an TEL, at least the first time you do it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned