The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cleaning up the wiring harness

prove_it

bradrs

That one comes with round wire seals. But if you look at the CAS, it comes with oval seals, so that they actually seal. Most of the other places selling a CAS connector have the right seals. Kinda pricey to get a knockoff connector, that isn't even a pigtail like he wanted.

GSTwithPSI

Yeah, Ryan. I actually saw that connector the other day. The company selling them advertises over on Tooners, and I was derpin around their website checking out what they had. For the price, I'd rather just buy the one from JNZ.

At this point, that's what I'm going to do.

G

Staff member
Bradrs i thought you were the guy that was selling them?

bradrs

Yeah, but I wasn't going to post that I had a couple of new pigtails where I had to remove the sheathing available for a lower price in this thread. I don't know what the rules are about selling. Hence the suggestion to email. Not the first time he ignored my advice though.

GSTwithPSI

Brad, I wasn't ignoring you. I just wasn't going to look like an ass emailing someone asking them to knock a few bucks off a new connector they were selling just because I didn't need the sleeving. I thought we were talking about JNZ. If I had known that guy was you specifically, I would have emailed you.

I asked a million times in this thread if anyone had a connector, and you replied you didn't...Sooo I thought that meant you didn't have a connector (used, new, whatever). My bad for not putting 2 and 2 together. If you have a connector you would like to sell me, I would be more than happy to buy it.

FYI, this forum isn't all corporate like DSMtuners. You can speak freely for the most part without fear of reprisal. I've never seen vendors/individuals get their dicks slapped for offering other members parts or services in a thread that's related to said parts/services. That's just one of the many things this place has over DSMtuners IMO.

Last edited:

prove_it

Speaking of dick slapping, where's Valencia been lately? Did he just ship to a GTR forum?

bradrs

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
My bad for not putting 2 and 2 together.

Even G knew I am the guy selling those parts. Just sayin...

EHmotorsports

I had no idea also. do you have an Add in the FS section? if not you should. plenty of people will be needing connectors.

prove_it

I didn't know either. If you have connectors stocked up, I'd like to see this put up as a sticky. Seems like there is a member looking for one every week.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Well I knew. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quoting iceman69510:
have you checked Brad's site? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

thruarod

While installing the a/c in my galant, I found that there are two connectors near the steering reservoir which appear to be the same style as the alternator plug. From what I gathered, the 2 prong alternator plug is still not available brand new and tend to get melted by exhaust heat, so this may be a worthwhile snip when we find these cars in the junkyard.

GSTwithPSI

Brad, I've seen your website before but never looked at the homepage hard enough to see the blurb about you supplying vendors like JNZ, Exterme PSI, etc. Now, what you're saying makes complete sense.

The ad you posted should help a lot of people out. Thanks.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting thruarod:
While installing the a/c in my galant, I found that there are two connectors near the steering reservoir which appear to be the same style as the alternator plug. From what I gathered, the 2 prong alternator plug is still not available brand new and tend to get melted by exhaust heat, so this may be a worthwhile snip when we find these cars in the junkyard.

The connector you mention is for the ABS relays.

That alternator plug is available. It is number c1900. Here: Alternator plug

G

Staff member
You could tell brad was trolling, just waiting to pounce on someone who didn't know what they were talking about when the subject was connectors. That's how I knew. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts