The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

chrome molding off????

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivestardsm

A little late here, but you can always get a good quality black pinstripe and stick it on overtop of the chrome. 1386 was done this way and was a decent fit. Well, other than it was gold pinstripe. But, I pealed it off and low and beold, the chrome underneath was in excellent shape.

Also, any good automotive store that sells painting and body work supplies will be able to get the correct chrome molding for you if you want to keep the stock appearence.

IIRC, didnt Terry Posten have his done when he repainted? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

pwrneeds90

Yeah i like the pinstripe idea also.Thanks everybody /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mine is painted white and still looks good after 7 years. But the guy I got it from lived on dirt roads so the front looks like sh*t, I'm putting my JDM front end on and I'm going to have it painted and clear bra put on.

Ya my friend is crazy good at it, he can cut a small piece to go over the painted trim it should look good and keep the paint from getting knocked off.

pwrneeds90

I can say i do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

pwrneeds90

Quoting turbowop:
I don't think he even knows what clearbra is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

click

Lmaooo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif nice one

Quoting turbowop:
I don't think he even knows what clearbra is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

click

WOW, that was pretty rude. Who knew such a simple question could bring such an asshole response.

ClearBra: A clear bra is a clear piece of vinyl applied to the front of your car to protect it from stone chips.
alt def: A large piece of tape securely applied to Turboflops face to shut him up

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Hey moron, I was laughing at the fact that ilraceu made a comment about how good his friend is at installing it, without actually explaining what it is, not because Dbossman didn't know.

Pull your twisted panties back out of your ass. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Never seen one. That should be interesting. I would love to see some pics of that. I always thought bra's were hard on paint /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Quoting turboflop:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Hey moron, I was laughing at the fact that ilraceu made a comment about how good his friend is at installing it, without actually explaining what it is, not because Dbossman didn't know.

Pull your twisted panties back out of your ass. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Don't moron me, I'm just sick of your rude ass attacking everyone, granted some deserve it, most don't. With 6000+ posts I bet you have no life outside of harrasing people that can't reach out and smack some politeness into you. Do you speak to your mother that way when she asks you whats the difference between an eggtimer and a turbo timer?

Ya your thinking about the leather ones and yes those are hard on paint. But now they can apply a thin clear piece of vinyl over just about anywhere you can think of, and it will protect the paint where applied, and if there good you can't even tell it's there.

turbowop

Quoting chromeglock:

Don't moron me, I'm just sick of your rude ass attacking everyone, granted some deserve it, most don't. With 6000+ posts I bet you have no life outside of harrasing people that can't reach out and smack some politeness into you. Do you speak to your mother that way when she asks you whats the difference between an eggtimer and a turbo timer?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

I can always tell when somebody's really mad because they change my screen name to something like "turboflop", as if that's supposed to upset me. Grow some f***ing skin and quit acting like Dbossman's overprotective boyfriend. There wasn't a single thing I posted before your little tirade that was rude or uncalled for. You just flew off the handle because you read into the comment wrong.

I have 6000+ posts because I've been a member here for over eight years, n00b. I guarantee that 90% of those posts have been helpful to the community, so f*** off.

prove_it

Someone woke the wop monster, your for it now.

First of all wop. I'm not a fuckin fagget. I have no boyfriend. Second of all; I know what a bra is, just never seen or heard of one being clear.
I understand you said you were addressing someone else, but read it back to yourself and you can see were it would be mistaken. Third; anytime he jumps in on asshole comments, it's usally real talk, and to keep me from wanting to "reach out and shake someones hand."Regardless, you haven't really bashed me to much. Were not here for argueing or enemies, but friends and knowledge.
Although some of the shits funny,when deserved. I'd appreciate it if you'd find somebody else's balls to bust.

turbowop

1. I posted a reply to ilraceu with a rofl smiley because you posted that you didn't understand what a clearbra was and he replied with how good his friend is at installing them, rather than explaining what it is. The reply is obviously to him since it's the next post down and I didn't quote you.

2. I posted a "let me google that for you" link for you to see what they were, mainly because it's funny and because it actually works to show you and others that may be wondering what a clearbra is.

3. Chromeglock read the comment and assumed I was bashing you, then threw a temper tantrum about it. Maybe he took it personally because you guys are friends since you live in the same state?

I didn't say one thing here that would be deserving of this retarded bullshit before chromeglock started crying. Chromeglock read into the comment wrong and got butthurt, that's all. If he's upset over other comments on the board and his misinterpretation of this one threw him over the edge, then so be it. You guys wanna threaten me with "handshakes" and "smacks across the country" be my f***ing guest. It just makes you look like Kenny Kline v.2 .

Last edited:

Ooooohhhhh, you called me a Noob.... I would have 6000+ post if I went to every new thread and posted whether I had something to add or not.... I've noticed that you have to put your 2 cents in on EVERY thread.... Here is an idea, if everyone is so into this forum being adult and not like the DSM forums, how about you keep your guido mouth shut when someone posts something stupid and ignore them, then again, I guess I am lowering myself to your level just by posting this... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I've noticed that everytime you post a douchbag comment it takes a thread completly off subject and ends up wasting bandwidth...

"Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

BTW Dbossman is in the same state, same town, and just down the road from me, I stick up for my boy...

381gvr4

Did I miss something?? Does "chrome molding" actually mean "Sandy Va-j-j"??? This molding face off is pure win! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pwrneeds90

My thread went to another level. lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned