The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Looking for a picture of the chrome body molding removed

I am looking for someone who has a picture of the chrome molding on the bumpers and door moldings removed. I am entertaining removing mine, as mine is loosing some clear coat, but am undecided if I want to get another molding or keep it off all together. Ive read a few threads on removing them and where I can get new ones, but am still curious as to what it looks like without anything at all.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:

jepherz

Staff member
I blacked mine out on my black car. You can see examples in the member's rides section. My grey car has no trim, I'll see if i can find some pics.

That would be great, I'm going go head to your members ride page in the meantime.

Thanks

fivestardsm

Nick, if you look around in here, click , there are a few aswel.

Thank you again, funny thing is that's the link I was looking at that got me started on this thought. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am looking for a picture, more specifically, of one without any molding on the car at all. I want to see if it looks weird or out of place without it.

Thanks guys,

Nick

I had that problem, but if you host the pics on photobucket or the sort. You can just insert a url.

Thanks,

Nick

Are the jdm bumpers like the US ones, as far as having the moldings, or is that US specific?

JSchleim18

The JDM bumpers have the chrome trim as well. If you go with the AMG kit, they don't have the molding.

JSchleim18

Yeah they're nuts with the price. You might be able to source them cheaper if you can find the right guy overseas.

raptorWagon

The JDM front Bumper I got From Garfield had the trim spot filled in, can't even tell the chrome trim went anywhere.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned