The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

check engine light after fresh new rebuild

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gifsuch a noob question but how do i check the codes on my car

Muskrat

Go to radio shack and buy one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Quote:
and is the light just gonna flash or how does the light work??

Did you even read the link geno gave you?

Last edited:

yes did you he said he dint use the buzzer he used an led light
now how does this led light thing work

Muskrat

I...um...wow. Really? You couldn't put two and two together?

Yes, the light lights up (or "flashes"), what else would it do? It'll light up longer when the guide says "long pulse" and light up for less time when the guide says "short pulse".

Better yet, get yourself a datalogger setup. It'll help you more in the long run when diagnosing trouble with your vehicle, and it'll just tell you what codes are being thrown. No need to screw around with lights or buzzers, and trying to interpret the signals. A decent set-up will run you about $100. Get one with the al/dl connector instead of spade terminals for easy hook-up.

Last edited:

my bad bro well it was one long one four short
and then it stops and blinks two times after that

Long=10 | Sort=1

10+1+1+1+1 = 14

14 Throttle position sensor

tps.jpg

EDIT: Correct whatever problem you observe and reset your ECU (unplug the car battery for 10-20seconds)

Now if your throttle was rebuild and your TPS (Throttle position sensor) wasnt calibrated, then, well we'll get to that point when we do. Main thing is, was your TB rebuilt?

Last edited by a moderator:

so if im reading it correctly its the tps 1 long 4 short
Knock sensor 3 long 1 short
and Injector 4 long and 1 short (but my car doesnt misfire)

Andy_S

^Nope. Get a palm logger and cable from ebay or find a used one for sale on one of the many dsm forums. Parts store don't bother with obdI stuff.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting Dark_Horse:
Any auto parts store will most likely have one. Checker, O'Reiley, NAPA, Carquest, Autozone etc etc.

Auto parts stores sell OBDII checkers. They don't work on pre-96 vehicles.

Post a WTB in the market section and browse the FS section for a setup. People sell them all the time. If no luck, try E-gay like stated previously.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned