The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Catback Exhaust

Alright I'm sure this has been posted a ton of times, however I've spent 2 hours searching and I don't know if it's my wording or what, but I can't find anything on exhausts. I'm buying a GVR4 and it needs a new exhaust (OEM is rusted through) and I figure I may as well upgrade while replacing it.

That said, what are my options for an inexpensive, 3" system?

Jesh

Off the top of my head, these are the places I know of that make a vr4 specific exhaust.
www.cmperformanceexhaust.com
www.tunersnation.com

From what I can tell it appears to be the same product, But don't take my word for it. And as far as inexpensive, I'd say go to your local muffler shop and have them make one. probably won't be as good, but it all depends on what you wanna do with car.

524of1000

Those are the same exhaust systems. Some other options would be a 2g AWD downpipe and a 1g AWD catback combo. It should be noted however that it may require some modification to fit and you will still need a cat or test pipe.

We sell CM Performance exhausts. If you order it through Tuners Nation you get the board discount as long as you use code GVR4ORG. I've worked with CM Performance over the years to really customize it & make just about every option available for our cars.

Last edited by a moderator:

turbofonz

3" CM turboback has a VERY nice sound. Won't be dissapointed.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned