The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Car smoke after boost

sydrew

My car smoke after I boost it smells like radiator fluid any1 kno the problem and when I change out my oil pan I see like some creme lookin drops on the crankshaft

AnotherNewb

Please try to use better grammar and spelling. Download iespell. Smoking and water in your oil would more than likely mean your head gasket is blown.

AnotherNewb

republican_shitting_on_democrat.gif

Do you kiss your mother with that potty mouth?

Last edited:

524of1000

Christ, not another one... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Lonewolf64

Quoting sydrew:
U old fart on here got a f-ing problem about spelling go hug a tree

No one will be helping you with that kind of attitude. Go figure it out yourself or be a little more respectful towards the older (and wiser) board members.

alansupra94

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

If you want help, at least make it easy for us to help you by writing with some kind of grammatical relevance.

Brunoboy

Quoting Lonewolf64:
Quoting sydrew:
U old fart on here got a f-ing problem about spelling go hug a tree

No one will be helping you with that kind of attitude. Go figure it out yourself or be a little more respectful towards the older (and wiser) board members.

ROFL, I say Insta-Ban!

socalgvr4

I've been a member on here for a while now. To be honest, the types of replies are frankly a little discouraging for new members to acclimate to this site.

As a former educator at one point, its amazingly dis-heartening to see that it requires a certain level of elitist educational requirement for a person to post up a response in correction of someones grammar. If you cant understand what their saying or don't want to assist, why post up anyway? It invokes a challenge.

Despite the lack of grammatical correctness in the original post, the basic "question" I feel was actually posed appropriately.

This has easily got to be easily the 12th post in less than three months that evokes provocation from new members and with nasty results usually.
Threads that could be useful to everyone simply become defunct.

People come from different backgrounds, education levels, and circumstances. I'd think it would behoove this site to be a bit more accommodating. Or a simple "can you restate your question" suffices, I would think.

My two cents....

AnotherNewb

Is it really that hard to put just a little effort into a post to make it a little bit more understandable. Communication is the first step to misunderstanding. I was more than polite in asking for just a little bit better grammar. When someone post a question that is barely understandable they risk receiving the wrong answer. Good grammar isn't just for the people that have to read the post but for the poster as well. The response of the op is what took his thread off topic. If he can't show just the slightest bit of respect perhaps he would be better off on a ford probe forum where text style posts are welcome. If you let grammar start sliding then expect to see stupid body kits, hella flush wheels and truck nuts hanging from every newbie's gvr4. Hell, the posts on tuners has gotten so bad that the mods had to put a warning up before you can post in a thread.

socalgvr4

"If he can't show just the slightest bit of respect perhaps he would be better off on a ford probe forum where text style posts are welcome."

What does 'text style' have to do with anything? You mean - as in using 12 point Cyrillic font instead of Times New Roman? Seriously.

It's irrelevant in my mind, we're not here necessarily to correct peoples grammar but rather to assist as a community with people of common interests not social standing to suggest they drive Ford Probe's instead.

Let's just drop it, and i wont post up on the comment again -- Just hope that things change, before I consider moving on myself (and I've been a long time, friendly and relatively well spoken individual).

AnotherNewb

U kno, it where u so lazy tht u cn't rite the hole werd n comletly omit the fansy '.'

I'm done with this thread too.

I must agree the original post was somewhat of a ramble but I agree we can relax a bit. Don't forget the guys on some other boards may think we are ricers for trying to fix up or make our vr4's go faster, stop better and handle better, we don't care because its what we love so we keep going. A newbie has no idea of the standards on here but there is a right and a wrong way to go about explaining it without being a elitist p***k. Are we any better than the guys trying to fix up their Honda or Volkswagen I think not. At the end of the day we are all car guys and as such should do our best to help each other and improve the breed. To each his own but you are correct this elitist bullshit needs to be toned down my two cents....

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned