The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Can a tire alignment fix this?

desant78

Hey Guys

I am just a few days from finally putting 1662 on the road and continuing the testing/repairs on her. On thing I noticed is the camber seems really off....and I was wondering if the alignment can fix it. I understand I do not have any pictures, I will post some eventually. I am simply asking right now if camber is fixed, or if it can be adjusted.

the problem is noticeable positive camber...so much that it is visible.

img.php

Once I run 1662 and all seems well, is it worth taking to a place to get the tires aligned? -that is what I am really getting at with this question.

thanks in advance!

DR1665

You should definitely see about getting the car aligned. Expect them to advise you there's something wrong, and offer to take care of it for you for about 4X what it would cost you to DIY, but it's peace of mind to have those numbers.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

From the factory camber is not adjustable. Unless you have adjustable camber plates or offset bolts the alignment won't fix it.
Did you check the controls arms/frame to see if anything is bent? Did you or previous owner hit any curbs with it?

GSX_TC

My fronts had pretty bad positive camber then before I did the alignment I went to kragen and got a set of adjustable camber bolts for the front and that solved that issue. They couldn't do sh*t about the rears though

Last edited:

desant78

Quoting iLLeffeKt vr-4:
From the factory camber is not adjustable. Unless you have adjustable camber plates or offset bolts the alignment won't fix it.
Did you check the controls arms/frame to see if anything is bent? Did you or previous owner hit any curbs with it?

unfortunately this is my first vr4/dsm/car really i put some serious work into. The wheels weren't bolt on, and had wrong rims and was told the camber was due to that...being a total newb I believe him. Now with vr4 rims it sits HORRIBLY.

then doing more and moer looking under 1662, notice she was banged up everything! did a carfax(ALWAYS DO THIS) and found out she had been in an accident in queens. but the car was driven for 3 more years after that.

so i guess i'm in search of camber plates now.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

desant78

if all i need is a camber plate I am VERY tempted to attempt to fabricate this myself....

does anyone have dimensions for the plate? and if I have the camber plate...i can use any shock/spring correct?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I would check for bent suspension parts before you buy/fabricate a plate.

belize1334

Camber plates won't do much good unless you have coilovers because the stock front spring is too big to move very far inside the tower without contacting. Don't bandaid the problem. Fix whats wrong and then use camber plates if you're looking for something beyond stock capabilities.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned