The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

bumper cover trouble

thecannoliman121

Hello there, I'm trying to put my new Intercooler in and I'm struggling with the bumper cover. I have all the side and front bolts and screws out but the front main ones I am struggling with. I took the blinkers out and I see theres one bolt right on the back. They are rusted to the stud. Is there other bolts I can get at others then those or am I going to have to bust them out?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
You do have to get those to get the front main bumper beam off.

CutlassJim

No you don't. You can take the brackets that those studs are attach to out but they are a PITA to get too with the bumper cover on.

andrew4g63

i just took one off of my parts car thats been sitting for 12 years. There was no bolt left to even think about loosening were that stud is that connects beam to car. I ended up torching the stud off with the oxy/act torch. What a pain!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned