The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bring 1342/2000 back to life

stealthtt24

Looks great! Just get that purple tint off and get some real dark tint and you'll be set. Also you should have ditched the abs for a cleaner engine bay!

Last edited:

snohacking

I have already removed the tint just trying to catch up the tread before I post new stuff. Also have non abs lines and valve but haven't found time to install them yet.

snohacking

Thanks
Got the car running but not great did a compression test and found out cylinder 2 and 3 were below 100 psi. Took the head off again and found out the head was warped . Bought a used one and upgraded the spring and retainers. Also got a valve job and milling done.
brian_bc0100.jpg

Bought a powder coating system and powder coated my catch can and valve cover.
IMAG0018.jpg

Old valve cover was cracked so I decided to run hyundai valve cover. Shaved off the DOHC and polished the hyundai lettering.
IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

Powder coated the cover in red wrinkle. There is a few thick spots but it turned out ok for the first valve cover I did.
IMAG0019.jpg

strokin4dr

Looking good. I love threads with lots of picture updates!

citymunky

How do you like that powercoating kit? I was looking to get one, but i need to find a small over to find in my garage.

snohacking

I like it so far but only play with it twice. I got a few thick spots. I need to get a oven at home as well. I have been using the ovens at work.

Last edited:

snohacking

Updated engine pictures also add Cusco front and rear strutbars.
IMAG0095.jpg

Got a Nile black front bumper
IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

Last edited:

snohacking

Its been over a year since I have updated my build thread and many things have happened since then. I parted out my 2g and sold the shell to focus everything on the galant. I kept a few parts from the partout including 2g build head and hx35. With the money from the part I started buying performance parts and ended up with a shelf full on parts waiting for my free time. So here goes round two of ripping the galant apart and rebuild it into something much more...

goodbye 2g

The 2g build head
• 2g head flared to a 1g intake manifold
• BC 1mm oversized intake and exhaust valves
• BC spring and titanium retainer
• Ferrea bronze intake guides
• Ferrea Copper alloy exhaust guides
• Ferrea valve keepers and valve seals.

Last edited:

snohacking

So winter sucked this year. For one it was cold as sh*t, alot of snow, and my mazda was in need of repairs, so the galant had to come out of the garage.

Big thanks goes out to mellowvr4 for the tow with the galant gsx.

snohacking

Now that winter is slowly going away I found more free time and motivation to work.
dropped rear subframe to overhaul the rear end.

strokin4dr

Do Work!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned