The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

bottom alternator bolt

Boos929

anyone have or know where to get the lower alternator bolt has a square head its called pivot bolt I believe mine is bent so I cant tighten my belt cant find one anywhere

Last edited:

Spyke169

Other than finding one in a bone yard, the dealership. If it is the horizontal one that goes through both of the bottom mounting tabs, part # is MD095695

I don't really see how it would get bent, if you take the belt off does the alternator rotate down/ outward like it would if being tensioned? or is it just stuck unable to move at all?

Wizardawd

Easy way for it to get bent and it actually happens more often than you know. The nut on the pivot bolt is not tightened after belt adjustment, because let's face it, that nut is a little tough to reach. So they just leave it. Vibrations work the nut off and the bolt decides to take a little trip. But alas, the bolt can only go so far. Then the belt starts to squeal so they tigheten the belt using the adjuster, which slowly pulls the alternator towards to crank pulley a little since the pivot bolt is no longer in place to keep it lined up.

Regardless of how, I have a couple is you can't get a new one.

Wiz

Boos929

ill take one of the bolts if feel like shipping one I cant seem to find one anywhere and don't have any Mitsubishi dealers anywhere near me and yes bolt did bend because of tightening the tensioner without the nut on the pivot bolt im assuming thanks again

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned