The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

blown slave cylinder...not even 1000 miles,

Brunoboy

I replaced my master and slave cylinders for the clutch 500 miles ago if that. Now it leaked out all the fluid. has anyone ever had a problem with failing slave cylinders? can a Tougher pressure plate cause it to wear out way early in the game?
-Shane

Brunoboy

Aftermarket of course, I called Kragen and they said it's under warranty.

Street Surgeon

Many here disagree with me, but for IMO going full-on OEM for clutch master, clutch slave, etc. is the ONLY way to go. Aftermarket may work for some, but I've had problems before by using aftermarket stuff (leaking, clutch not releasing etc) and it was all traced back to crappy aftermarket items. Once I bit the bullet, and bought an oem master, slave, etc. all my problems were fixed. That aftermarket stuff may have a warranty but if I were you I'd just get a refund and get the parts from Satan.

Brunoboy

i found out its the line that goes to the Slave... I have the master cylinder to the trans SS braided line, but I dont have the lower half of the line. Do they sell these?
-Shane

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned