The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Black Carbon Fiber Hood on GVR4?

I would like to know if this would look good or stupid on a Belize Green GVR4? I have spent REDICULOUS amounts of money trying to repaint my stock hood with premixed rattle cans (the type that you get on the internet that is matched for your vehicle).

I just can't get it to look right. I am considering getting a carbon fiber hood but I think a black one might look stupid on a Belize Green GVR4. I would like to see if I can get one that is already green since I am burnt out with trying to paint the hood.

Would a black hood look rediculous on a Belize Green GVR4? I think it would.

Any thoughts or pics?

Thanks!

4thStroke

Natural carbon fiber doesn't look bad at all on belize green. I think a painted black hood doesn't make much sense at all.

Or... for the price yo would spend on a carbon hood, you could have a shop spray the hood for much less.

Options. There's plenty of them.

My car is BG and i have the RS carbon Fiber hood. It looks good but i am painting mine for that "stealth"(8 second stealth yeah) : ) look. If no one posts up a pic by the morning i will of my car.

Thanks for the quick responses. I expected this to be one of those types of posts that lingered for days. I checked the member's ride section but didn't see the hoods. Thanks for posting. It looks pretty damn impressive on a BGVR4. I would have it professionally painted but I am kind of stubborn. I will use the rest of the rattle can for the roof which I think will be much easier.

NateCrisman

847057973_wrmSj-M.jpg
704515422_kPQrU-M.jpg

CF looks strange in the sun too, it reflects the weave. Two pics above are the same car, first pic in the sun the second pic on an overcast day.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned