The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

biggest turbo on stock exhaust manifold?

4doorboost

so i have a evoIII gt big 16g and was wondering what the biggest turbo i can bolt onto my stock manifold is. i was looking for more power but didnt want to have to change a lot. so i was wondering what turbo swaps onto the stock exhaust manifold(direct bolt on) i was hoping to find something in the 450+ hp range and so far ill i see is the forced perfmance turbos.

4doorboost

PTE SCM50 has anyone ran this turbo, rre sells it for 850. i actually had a friend use a fp green and he blew the turbo seals first dyno pull.. so i was gunna stay away from fp

turbowop

One buddy with a bad turbo and you're going to stay away? What about the countless praise FP has gotten from all of its satisfied customers over the years, including me. My FPgreen was an awesome turbo, and the FP3052 I have on the car now is even better. Zero issues. I have many, many friends all over the PNW running FP turbos with no problems and great results.

makedollarz

I have to vouch for FP also, ran 2 different turbos from them for the last couple years, no problems

Last edited:

GSX_TC

The FP HTA68 is a pretty awesome 450whp stock lookin turbo

Im buying a pretty much all stock 91. whats the power out put range difference of the stock 14b and the 20G im trying to decide what turbo to use in my set up also.

curtis

I had a bullseye housing with a s362 schwitzer. I used larger bolts which i did just because and had to dent in the water pipe but it fit.

vapid

fp dsm86?

sixsixtwo

If your friend blew his turbo seals on his first dyno run it's very likely he didn't prime the oil system properly before starting it up for the first time.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned