The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1G Exhaust Manifold upgrade.

Im looking to Increase performance while looking as stock as possible. what is the Best manifold to run? im still using the 14B turbo. should i just port my 1G or should i upgrade to a 2G or Evo 3? are both direct bolt ons for the stock setup on the 91 Galant Vr4?

donkeylips

I have run both. They're both direct bolt-ons and people have run 10s with both. Evo 3 is better but more expensive and requires a small amount of trimming. 2g EMs are cheap enough that there's really no reason to run the stocker. If you're gonna port one don't waste your time on a 1g EM, spend the $20-$40 on the 2g one then port it.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Both are bolt on. 2g is bigger but EVO III is the biggest stock looking one. You can also get the EVO III O2 it's also bolt on but you'll have to modify your down pipe a lil.

But yeah def toss that 1g Mani they are prone to cracking and are made of a crappier material than the 2g ones and EVO III.

Last edited:

did anyone who is running the EVO 3 exhaust manifold and O2 housing have any have any issues with the stock turbo and exhaust hooking up because of the placement of the 02 housing outlet? do you just need to adjust the exhaust pipe a bit or what needs to be done to run the Evo 3 exhuast manifold and o2 housing? on a otherwise stock manifold and exhuast set up

GSX_TC

Yes they both work the same as stock as far as bolting up to your turbo. Only the corner of the flange on the Mani needs to be trimmed, and when I say modify the downpipe, I'm talking about just merely changing the angle of the flange that bolts to the o2 a lil. That's all u have to do to enjoy those free flowing Jdm parts.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned