The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

beeping noise when connecting the battery

gvr4me

When I connect the battery, the beeping noise keeps going and the tach jumps up to 7000rpm (the key is not in the ignition). The noise comes from underneath the driver side dash. Anyone knows what's up?

Did you solve this on your own?

I've had similar experinece to this. When I was redoing my grounds, I connected the battery without all of the grounds connected, and did get the long beeping you describe. Never looked at the tach though.

gvr4me

Nope, I have no idea what to look for and I haven't looked into it. I thought I'd ask someone on here and see if anyone has experience on this to start. It sounds like the noise comes near the cabin fuse box. My car will be in the shop for few days and I think I'll look into it when I get it back. I relocated the battery to the trunk and ran 4 ga for power and ground if that provides any clue.

Last edited:

gvr4me

Okay, after I did some digging. The noise is caused by a relay, MB398020, does anyone know what it is?

gvr4me

I did a little searching and this is what I found on dsmtuners.

Quote:

MB398020 - Window Relay - Galant 1989 - 1993
MB398020 - Starter Relay - Diamante 1992 - 1994
MB398020 - Cruise control Relay - Eclipse 1995 - 1999
MB398020 - Anti-lock Brake Relay - Montero Sport 1997 - 2004
MB398020 - Starter Relay - Diamante 1995 - 1996
MB398020 - Abs Relay - 1997 - 2002

The part number reference comes up with quite a few things. This part number/Same Amp relay obviously does quite a few things. Expect to pay between 40-50 bones for it from the stealership.

DSMtuners

So I guess I'm just going to get the relay from the junk yard, hopefully that'll fix my problem.

Diego

^ in a Diamante.... if you read it.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned