The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BCS restriction help. (it's missing o.O)

James

Now I'm aware this has been beat on for 928485 years. And I've read every thread. I look under the hood and I'm lost. I can't find this BCS to save my life. I have my intake a LICP off the car.

Does it have something to do with me have a 90gsx with a turbo motor swap?

5bd1a86b.jpg

Last edited:

James

c522ef94.jpg

moneypit

The bcs is not in the picture. Follow the black vacuum/ boost hose from the wastegate actuator. If you have an aftermarket boost controller, ya dont need to remove thr restrictor.

James

That vac hose goes right to the BOV... That's why I'm confused.

James

fbf3a271.jpg

moneypit

Wow. That set up is totally incorrect. The bleed off port on the BOV should not be capped off. Btw, who did the work. Dont let that person touch the car again... Ever!

James

this was all done by the previous owner, im in the process of fixing his stuff.

I mean ive been in the dsm world for quite some time now and have never come across this and not quite sure what to even do from here...

moneypit

Remove capped hose from lower BOV, run hose from intake manifold to upper BOV, ideally run hose from compressor output/ j- pipe to boost control back to wastegate actuator. Or "T" off hose between IM and BOV and run to boost controller then to wastegate actuator. Does that make sense? Good luck.

James

in the second picture you can see the 'T' in the vac going to the intake manifold. so i dont need to change anything there, just need to unplug the the bleed.

any ide WHY someone would cap that off to begin with?

moneypit

Yeah. Remove the capped off hose. Without a boost controller btween the "T" and the wastegate actuator, the spring in the actuator will limit boost to approx. 11psi.

James

Alright going for a test drive.

James

doesnt feel right. vacuum leak somewhere. lots of of hesitation.boost gauge bounced around between 9-11psi at WOT.

RPMS were jumpy. would hesitate around 3k then jump to 4k then hesitate and jump to 5k. again this is at WOT going from second to third, third to forth.

James

at idle the bleed port pulls air btw, if that makes any difference

James

so i need a new BOV. i have a 1g bov, but it looks like he JB welded this bov to the flange -.-

James

my mistake... i didnt tighten down the clamp on the LICP when i put it back on.

throw rocks at me please.

no stuttering anymore, but still 8-9psi, spiking to 10-11, usually at the end of first gear.

and like i sad it looks as if the current BOV is welded to the UICP

Last edited:

moneypit

Looking at the pic. U r referring to the bov mounting flange. U can separate the bov by undoing the two small nuts/ bolts.

James

you cant really tell at the angle.

moneypit

Sorry i misunderstood. Undo the mounting bolts. See if you can separate. Hopefully its just some type of sealant. If it is jb weld, you are SOL.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned