The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bcs connections

Specter

So the matter is that one port of my bcs is connected to the throttle body and the other port goes to a T from where one end goes to the wg and the other end goes to the nipple on the stock 2g intake pipe, just after the mas. Are these connections correct? Im guessing its not. If i searched correctly, then one line from the T goes to the turbo outlet rather than the intake pipe.
If i am right then what effect does it have on boost? Exactly what goes wrong.
Im running stock 2g engine with the tiny 14b turbo.

Hertz

Staff member
17698-0-0-0.jpg

The BCS is the solenoid in the lower left corner. You should also have this diagram as a decal on the underside of your hood.

Specter

I do not have the diagram underside of the hood because my galant is not a vr4, i swapped the 2g in it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks for the diagram, i saw it in some other post also when i was searching on it. Im just not so sure on what to do. Bear with me please im a noob when it comes to reading diagrams.

In the diagram :
1) One line is going in to the 1g canister while i have my connected to the small metal nipple coming out of the throttle body. Do i need to change the connection or is it fine? If i do need to change the connection then what should i connect to the vaccum of throttle body?

2.1) The first connection from the T is going to the wastegate (same as mine, no issues here)

2.2) The second connection from the T is going to the turbo, while mine is going to the niple on the intake pipe after the bov connection, the intake pipe is connected to the 1g maf on one end and to the turbo housing on the other. What should i do with this connection? Should i make a nipple on the turbo outlet pipe? Im having confusion with this one.

Please help! To clear any confusion, im running a 2g engine with a 1g maf because i cannot find a 2g maf around here.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts