The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Battery Relocation question

524of1000

For the guys that have run the relocation, did you use an inline fuse on the power cable? If so what size?

mr.mitsu

I'm using an ANL fuse.

150A with 0 AWG

I plan on swapping it for a breaker (sitting on my shelf). That way anytime I have to work on the car I can just break the breaker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NickDromez

i just did the relocation and im running a 150A inline fuse on the power line. if you do yours make sure you use 0 gauge wire, as 4 is to small and makes the car crank over real slow

mr.mitsu

What do you guys think is the best way to wire in the starter and alternator? I've read different variations of how to do this.

Sorry to highjack the thread :S

EMX5636

I'll see if I can find a pic, but I have a junction block where the stock intake filter used to be. That way I could tie everything together like it was stock, and just run the 0ga wire to that block. For the grounds, I just re-did them with newer wires and added an HKS grounding kit.

vegeta1170

Where are you guys putting the battery, when you relocate it to the trunk?

I mounted mine in the back passenger side corner of the trunk for a little weight distribution. I'm also running a breaker type, the best way IMO.

EMX5636

I built a battery tray that fits behind the trunk carpet on the pass side. It houses a Honda 51 series battery and you can't even tell it's back there. I run either a 150 or 200A breaker.

NickDromez

mines on the passenger side in the trunk, its in there a little bit ghetto right now, duct tape, screws, wood, plastic container.

vegeta1170

I fit mine between the rear inner quarter and the false floor with a 150a breaker and a cap.

Lukefraizer

Passenger's side for sure and try and keep it on the inside of the axle... no need to get your weight out any farther than it needs to be. That will help handling for sure even if it is only 30 ish pounds.

belize1334

Go to a welding supply and get 2 gauge cable. Welding cable is extremely high strand-count and very flexible. As for location, I'd put it on the passenger side within the wheelbase. But, I'm coming to think that the best location is on the front subframe where the evap cannister sits. It doesn't improve front-back weight distribution that much but it does get the battery low and behind the front wheels and it's cleaner than a trunk install.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned