The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Base timing with COP setup

GreenGSX

I have, in the past, been able to clip the inductive trigger on the wires leading to COP coil #1. But that was always sketchy and I couldn't get a signal long enough to actually set the timing. So I wired back in the stock coil plug into the COP harness. When I want to set the timing I just pull the COP, and quickly install my spare coil/wires, set the timing, and then re-install the COP.

prove_it

That's the best way to do it. You can buy inductive pickup timing lights too. They are more spendy and will work.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned