The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bad luck leaves me paranoid

presterone

Im getting my car tuned on a dyno tomorrow. I've owned this car for over a year now and last time I had dyno time schedued was a few months after I purchased the car. After getting the galant running and working out a few kinks, fixing hacked work disaster struck just two days prior to my appointment with DSG. My timing belt snapped. I've had an appointment scheduled at granite state dyno for a few weeks now and last week my alternator sh*t the bed and coolant started leaking from my thermostat housing and water pump (where the ALT bracket bolts to) I just fixed the leaks and replaced the alternator so tomorrow is the galant's maiden voyage two hours to hop on the rollers and get a proper tune. Sometimes I feel like I have a car curse.

EMX5636

Good luck tomorrow. I sometimes feel hesitant to throw my car up on the dyno or go to the track, but barring a few little issues similar to yours, it's been a blast to get to see it perform. You'll be fine!

curtis

Let her eat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

presterone

Just got here of all things to go wrong the front caliper started to stick intermittently

GSX_TC

Not bad, any video?

presterone

click

Just a short one I will put up a picture of the graph soon. Just getting back from boston

presterone

Pretty cool though, I drove it two hours spent a couple of hours on the dyno, drove to Boston and back to Maine.

presterone

Not smooth at all. I need an external waste gate pretty bad. The boost creeps to a billion.

GSX_TC

Awesome, sounds great. Are you gonna stay at that power level? Or do you plan to make more later on?

presterone

I have an FP race manifold, walbro 255 lph, 720cc injectors FP big old crooked dong turbo inlet. ETS front mount and piping. RRE evo3 02 housing and 2.5'' downpipe. Hacked up 3inch exhaust from a subaru impreza with leaks everywhere. Jackal speed density

This is way more than I thought, I want to do track days and hill climbs with the car and this is more than enough power for me. It did make me cringe to hear my car at full tilt with someone else in the drivers seat.

CutlassJim

Was this at the new shop in Hudson??? WTF you should have told me that's like 15 minutes from my work!

presterone

Yea in Hudson, I had no idea it was in Nashua. The shop has some good projects going on. Supercharged viper, 84 mustang with new 5.0 coyote engine.

Diego

Would that happen to be a red Foxbody. 1320 has posted a picture of an old Fox with a Coyote.

SleepinGVR4

Quoting presterone:
I have an FP race manifold, walbro 255 lph, 720cc injectors FP big old crooked dong turbo inlet. ETS front mount and piping. RRE evo3 02 housing and 2.5'' downpipe. Hacked up 3inch exhaust from a subaru impreza with leaks everywhere. Jackal speed density

My car's setup almost mirrors yours, except I have 850cc, EVO Maf, and DSMLink.

DSMLink says my car makes 375 which I thought was kinda inflated so I'm sure its close to yours.

I have the same problem with creep also and need an external WG.

James

How much boost? Decent numbers. My evo3 16g doesn't creep at all set to 20psi currently.

presterone

I have a shitty 3'' exhaust after the downpipe with no cat at all. I have the wastegate plugged right into the manifold. The foxbody was black although the paint looked brand new. The boost holds 8 to ten and if I keep my foot in it I've had it creep to 27 psi. I will try porting the waste gate a bit to try and cure this.

DynastyLCD

you could try a 34mm flapper, you can get an Evo 3 hotside with one already installed for not much money. my Evo 3 crept really bad until i set the boost up to 22ish.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned