The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Say goodbye to 1375/2000

transparentdsm

i have some really bad news. So i bought the car in october and i guess the car really never wanted to be mine. i bought it and it never made it home, alternator died. then i get it home finally and change the oil to find out the car had 15w50 in it and when i used normal 5w30 i could hear the extreme rod knock. after that i still drove it on rare occasions and jan 1 i hit a dear and messed up the front of the car. then i crashed my vr4 this morning taking her out for one last spin before i was going to pull my motor today. and it was literly one last spin. i hit gravel and the car slid straight into a rock and some trees and about 80 mph and all i have to say is im thankful to be alive. fractured my collar bone and broke the seatbelt out of the car but im perfectly fine. no police report, no tickets. car is back at my house and no one and nothing was hurt except my car i mean. i will take some pictures tomorrow of the car and how bad it is. i think the motor still starts, i just have to reconnect the battery tomorrow to move it back a few feet in my driveway. 2012 has been real rough so far. so im pulling the car apart and will be selling most of the parts off of it, but will be keeping a lot as im going to buy a shell and start all over. so anyone in the tri-state area with a cheap clean shell for sale (500-700) please get in touch with me as i need one. i will be parting out most of the car soon in the for sale ad once i can bring my self to actually believe that i did this and destroyed my car.

Brunoboy

Sorry to hear Shane, I'm glad your ok and its just material items broken. Hope 2012 treats you better.
-Shane

jnava

Staff member
ouch, I hope you get better and get a shell as well.

omertaitalia

glad your okay, evan still has his shell and is willing to let it go cheap, he even said hell trade, something to think about even though its across the country.

transparentdsm

i know, but there is a guy in brunswick(like 2 hours away) for 1500 and its a complete car. and it runs. so i would have that going for me. i will take pictures and post them soon everyone really needs to see what happened. this is prolly the safest car ever. i should be dead.

mikus

From a safety perspective that looks like it came out OK. It's a car, they come and go - glad you're OK

fuel

how on earth did a seat belt snap??

the car looks repairable, but it probably is not economical to do so. perhaps best to just re-shell and use yours as a parts car or find a good tidy one entirely?

89Mirageman

Glad you came out OK but sorry to hear about the car. Maybe a nicer/cleaner example will fall in your lap for cheap. Or look for a nice csm shell and do an awd swap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

transparentdsm

talking to a guy who has one in south jersey that has a clutch problem that i think may be an easy fix. very excited, it looks clean from the pictures so if it is im in. i have so many parts i need to get another one.

transparentdsm

Quoting fuel:
how on earth did a seat belt snap??

the car looks repairable, but it probably is not economical to do so. perhaps best to just re-shell and use yours as a parts car or find a good tidy one entirely?

i broke the metal clasp out of the slider. fixable yes, but worth the fix, no unfortunately. yeah looking for a clean one that i can drop my motor into. thats what this one im going to see might be.

curtis

Damn glad you made it out with the few injuries you got. Maybe thsi will help with the search click me

transparentdsm

thank you curtis, so this is the car i am currently going to be checking out. if anyone has any info on the car that could help me please let me know. click someone said that it could be crankwalk, im thinking its another act clutch problem, but i may be wrong so please chime in with your 2 cents.

Chim55117

Ugh... Sorry to hear about your car man, that really sucks. My friend Mike had his VR-4 crashed into a few months back. With his, OneSickCRX's, and yours, that makes a total of 3 Summit White VR-4s in less than 6 months... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned