The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

AZ People! Free Hitch setup from Uhaul

dc_style

someone jump on this so i can at least order one for myself... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif can't hurt if you're in AZ!

Oh.. hit enter for the search and you'll see.

click

Last edited:

Romanova

From the site:

Your vehicle requires a custom-built hitch which we will gladly fabricate for you. If you are able to bring your vehicle to our Tempe, AZ Research & Development facility we'll provide you with a FREE U-Haul custom trailer hitch, including free installation, and a lifetime unlimited warranty in exchange for the use of your vehicle to fabricate the trailer hitch. We'll need the vehicle for two to three days. If you are interested in this offer please complete the form below and we'll contact you to schedule your appointment. This offer is only valid until one customer per vehicle can fulfill our requirements.

dc_style

why thanks.. haha, i suppose i could have done that.. but really, someone jump on this. i want one to haul my motorcycles around and snowmobile come winter. if it'll hold...

Last edited:

IncorpoRatedX

paging Driggs!

Brunoboy

will they ship my car there?

SouthCaliVR4

Cool, I was thinking about adding a hitch. Not that I plan on towing anything, I just think they look cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Sorry, had to say it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

boostedinaz

If I can get 1101 running by this weekend I'll do it.

IncorpoRatedX

speaking of; who does supply hitches for our cars? I think 649 deserves one.

dc_style

Quoting SouthCaliVR4:
Cool, I was thinking about adding a hitch. Not that I plan on towing anything, I just think they look cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Sorry, had to say it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'm doing it so I can put tow hitch balls on the galant. Hahahah. No but really...

transparentdsm

i want one for my car, do some searching though. i have found them on this forum. you have to cut up your rear bumper, but it will tow a decent amount of weight. you could tow a car on a two wheel dolly for sure.

transparentdsm

it could handle 2100 lbs of towing, any car can handle 3/4 of its own weight in towing. its not a lot, but if your towing a two wheel drive car on a two wheel dolly not a full car trailer the weight gets displaced and you can handle more than that.

transparentdsm

mind you though, the galant would also need to have a good suspension in it with proper setting for towing like an adjustable shock or coilover set up. i wouldnt throw a hitch on mine with 160,000 and the stock suspension and expect to tow a car, or much of anything for that matter.

jepherz

Staff member
I was thinking about building a hitch for one of my vr4s. Anyone interested? I could see making a group of them.

IncorpoRatedX

group buy carbon fiber hitches???

Barnes

Quoting Alpha Male:
group buy carbon fiber hitches???

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

There were towbars available in Sweden for the Galant E39A! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The E39A Galants sold in sweden were equipped with the JDM bumpers, so these towbars were made primary for a JDM bumper equipped E39A Galant. But that's actually not an issue for us who have the US bumpers! I had this towbar on my GVR-4 with US bumpers and there wasn't any issue at all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Also, it is bolted to the chassi in excisting holes from the factory, not the bumper or it's reiforcement bar.

The good: Direkt bolt-on to the chassi, no need to cut anything! It pulls alot of wheight, 1800 kg or ~3900 lbs!

Proof of the wheight specs:

I also have the install manual in PDF where it verifies the wheight specs!

The bad: This towbar weighs alot, 17 kg or ~37,5 lbs. You need to drill a small hole for the wiring (if wiring is required in the US).

I gave you this info because I have some "left over parts" from another towbar (E39A spec parts of course). If anyone is interested in making a custom towbar for the GVR-4, I might be able to donate the "left over parts" (but you have to pay shipping)! The "left over parts" that I am able to donate are the angled fasteners thats bolted to the chassi, and the bar that goes between those fasteners.

Right side angled fastener:

Angled fasteners uses factory bolt holes (each side uses 4 bolts to the chassi)

Left side angled fastener:

Bar that goes between the angled fasteners:

These parts might not be alot, but maybe it's a start for someone to make a custom towbar??

if there's an interest, I could check the shipping costs! I just have to get those angled fasteners off the car first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PreskitVR4

Quoting boostedinaz:
If I can get 1101 running by this weekend I'll do it.

\
Not if I make it there first Mike!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts