The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ATK rebuit motor

496of2000

Anyone ever buy one of these? They have a 3year 36,00 mile warrenty. Are they worth the price? NAPA sells them.

Romanova

Probably better options out there, even for a stock motor.

fivestardsm

Quoting 496of2000:
Anyone ever buy one of these? They have a 3year 36,00 mile warrenty. Are they worth the price? NAPA sells them.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My buddy Kevin just picked up a K-gray from new york that had a NAPA motor in it, and the thing is a pile of junk and only after a few thousand miles. The block has a serious noise, and when he pulled the cams, the exhaust was spun in the head because, I belive, they used caps from another head and didn't have the correct tolerances.

"Get The Good Stuff" my ass...

496of2000

I kinda wanted to just drop in a motor. Was it a ATK motor your buddy put in?
Guess, I'll try replacing the headgasket and valve seals 1st. Thanks for the input.

fivestardsm

He bought the car with the motor in it, but the guy he bought it from specifically said it was a NAPA motor. As for if it was ATK that built it, I am sorry, but I can't be sure. I will ask him if there was any paper work with it that would say so.

If I was you, i would talk to the guys at the NAPA and have them show you all the fine print on the warranty. I am sure there is a catch in there, and am almost certain that if you have ANY mod on the car, it will void the warranty. Also, the warrenties 99% of the time are only valid if installed by a certified shop/mechanic.

Check it out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned