The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

nice find IMO

91GSR

i was just looking at some hood pins and noticed that this site sells CF and FG hoods for our car. they have a crazy looking vent in them, but either way its only 415 for CF and 385 for FG. if u like the style its a decent price. cant vouch for quality since i just found it and dont own one. anyone have experience with these guys?

CF & FG hoods

I am almost certain that somebody posted pics of their car recently and it had one of those hoods, but can't remember who now.

icurunnin

I also remember seeing that hood on someones car. I would buy one today if they put the evo 8 style in place of that reverse cowl or whatever type of scoop that is. I like the smooth and sleek look personally.
I am sure theirs helps aid in cooling these hot runnin sum bishes.

THEKID

here it is on a members car 60/1000 deft makes good stuff i bought many cf hoods from them they have good prices and great quality.

91GSR

they have a pic of that car on the site...

Last edited:

THEKID

yea its before he painted the hood i did the same hood with the paint on the outside of the vent on a 95 acura integra

91GSR

i think i might contact them to see if they can do a special order thing. like if i wanted a CF hood with the JDM vents or if i want just an OEM hood...ill let u know what happens.

steve

in4epicfail

icurunnin

bad deal on that ^ is they change things without a agreement with the community. Not Jeremys fault in anyway.
I would be in for a oem cf unit.

Ralli380Gvr4

Quoting 91GSR:
i think i might contact them to see if they can do a special order thing. like if i wanted a CF hood with the JDM vents or if i want just an OEM hood...ill let u know what happens.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

THEKID

Quoting 91GSR:

I have been dealing with deft racing for many years. They make what they want to make and that's all.for them to make an oe or jdm style hood they would have to make a new mold and its not worth it to them.and if they did do it they would charge you an arm a leg and 3 left nut's.

But by all means best of luck to you.

ktmrider

Quoting dsm_drew:
I am almost certain that somebody posted pics of their car recently and it had one of those hoods, but can't remember who now.

Here's one FS click
Not sure if he still has it tho but way cheap price!

14u2nV

Save the money for a VR4 first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned