The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ARRRGGG

I was taking out my old turbo and installing my new E316G and FP manifold and low and behold I BROKE the oil feed line from the head metal line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I have a SS line from my 2nd gen that was from the oil housing, can I run a 1st gen the same way? If so what is the size of the N fiiting to attach the line to the turbo???

Also side note swapped in my 650's last night and the car will not boost, Anything over 3k the car just shutters and pops??? DSM chip not installed yet?

Last edited by a moderator:

CarRacer

These posts make it damn near impossible to help you out due to lack of complete information.

You say broke the oil feed but neglected to specify what section. Did the hard line fail or the banjo bolt? I'm assuming it was on the head side. Many people run their feed from the filter housing but I have not. I suggest searching for that or seeing if someone will chime in. It sounds like you already hooked it up that way by your following question.

What size injectors is the chip burnt for? What are you upgrading from? Did you boost leak after overhauling two major parts of the intake tract?

turbowop

This is gonna be awesome if he swapped in those injectors and didn't think a new chip or any other form of tuning would be needed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

belize1334

You say that the car won't build boost but you also mention that there's no oil feed to the turbo. Can I assume that you were having difficulty building boost and THEN you tried a turbo swap and that's when the oil feed broke? Otherwise you're driving a turbo w/ no oil feed and all I can say to that is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif.

Also, is it not possible to get your SS line set up to run off of the head? That seems like the preferred solution as opposed to plugging the head and then tapping the OFH.

Ok guys many appolagizes for the tuff read was writing this while upset..;). First I did the injector swap last night and drove it this morning to the turbo swap and noticed that it would not boost and just sputter. I actually did think the car would drive( My 2nd gen did) without my dsm chip(STG 3) which I have but it's also burned for a 2nd gan MAF which was also supposed to go in today.So on to the oil line. Yes the metal line broke right near the head. It already had a kink in it from the owner before( HACK BTW) so not the banjo blot. I would never drive the car with oil to the turbo I'm not that bad..LOL, So I
think I'm may just get the fittings from extreme psi and run of the OFH.

slobra

So your driving the car with it chipped for a 2g maf but actually running the 1g maf?

turbowop

You can't just install larger injectors and different MAFs without some way of controlling them either via a chip specific for said mods, or something like an SAFC.

Just because it's stage3 chip doesn't mean it can do any injector you want. I have like eight chips laying on the shelf in my garage due to so many different setups I've gone through. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

Ok guys I did not install the 2nd gen MAF all I did was swap in 650's on Friday night.. I was going to install the 2nd gen MAF and the DSM chip yesterday with the turbo and manifold but becasue line broke I left it till next weekend which is the only time I have to work on the car..

Andy_S

There's the problem. The 650's without the chip caused the sputtering. Install all the equipment the chip is made for at the same time the chip is installed. Shouldn't have any problems then.

The stock 1G MAS puts out a signal indicating there is almost 30% more air coming in, so the ECU adds 30% more fuel. That extra fuel is causing the "sputtering" you are feeling, because you are WAY too rich, drowning the motor with fuel.

OK thanx Jeff I got the n fittings from extreme PSI for the SS line to run from the OFH an will be installing in mext weekend With the DSM chip..

Just make sure you tap into the correct port on your oil filter housing. There are two, ones filtered the other is not. Your new turbo won't last a week with unfiltered oil feeding it.

Cool thanx man you've been a great help in both my threads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif.. LOL

Rausch

Chris be big pimpin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

prove_it

seems like someone is always learning something new on this forum. I like it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned