The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Power Steering Feed Line Bolt

I snapped the head off my P/S feed line bolt and was wondering if the same power steering feed line bolts are used in all other DSM's turbo or non-turbo. I noticed the other dsm's you take off a nut and have to "extract" the feed line bolt from the power steering, where our VR4's just have 1 solid bolt with a 17mm head. Will the other dsm ones work?

Are you talking about the banjo bolt on the power steering pump? If so them yes.

mitsuturbo

Quoting towman:

I snapped the head off my P/S feed line bolt and was wondering if the same power steering feed line bolts are used in all other DSM's turbo or non-turbo. I noticed the other dsm's you take off a nut and have to "extract" the feed line bolt from the power steering, where our VR4's just have 1 solid bolt with a 17mm head. Will the other dsm ones work?

Never have i seen a power steering pump with a BOLT going into it from the top on a DSM or Mitsubishi. Not on a 1g. Not on a 2g.
I think you've had something replaced with inferior product in the vehicle's past.

Yea I guess its the banjo bolt. Its the bolt that is hollow on the inside to run p/s fluid to the p/s pump. I will extract one from pick'n pull. Thanks guys

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned