The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Why does my car eat turbos for lunch?

Quoting 524of1000:
Quoting 92Galant926:
Why does my car eat turbos for lunch?

Because they're crunchy and often taste good with Ketchup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif But seriously, +1 on running oil feed from stock point on the head. It's prolly getting too much oil pressure.

I would bet that they would be fairly crunchy, especially after they get blown up from running on my whip, but with ketchup? thats adventurous. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Barnes

Quoting 92Galant926:
Quoting BOOSTIN HARD:
Check out this link, it will get you set straight.

click

I am using the hole in the housing that is right below the one in the pictures on that website...... Cant tell if thats filtered or not from their diagrams.

If you are using the bottom hole in this picture; http://www.roadraceengineering.com/instructions/oilline/oillinelocation-1g.jpg , you are feeding your turbo unfiltered oil. That's why your turbos are dieing.

Barnes

Correct. Unfiltered. In all likelihood this is why you are killing turbos. Not because of high oil pressure.

Ill be sure to thank the P.O. for installing that there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I Might just go off the head still because i am not running that large of a turbo..... If I ever switch back to the OFH i guess ill know then.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned