The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Are you running with or without Fogs(usdm)

turbophein

who's running fogs and who's not and why! i know most of the FMIC require you to remove them right?

Last edited:

Nartanian

Gotta have the fogs imo. I still have mine.

Struc

Without. Looks like the previous owner took them out to install the FMIC.

I have a trade set up to get a pair though, and am going to try and reinstall and work the FMIC around them if possible.

galant344

still have mine, also have the ets kit. If i had a different kit/homemade kit i would make sure that the fogs would still fit. hides the pipes on the passenger side much nicer. a lot of people don't even know i ahve a front mount till they get down and actually check it out.

raptorWagon

I did have them, but the driver's side was broken when I got the car, so I never used them as it was pointless to just have one functional light. Then when I did upgrade to the ETS kit. However, my lower piping was hitting the passenger fog light, so I decided then to remove them, in the process I found out the bracket screws that held the lights to the old bumper were rusted to crap and ended up pretty much just ripping the lights off at that point.

The only 2 reasons I upgraded to the JDM bumper cover were,
- fog lights were now located on the bumper cover itself away from the piping
- I needed a new bumper cover altogether, the stock one is busted on the passenger side, and the bracket(exoskeleton piece) on the inside of the passenger side of the cover was mangled, because the car had been in some kind of accident with one of the previous owners. Probably a slight fender bender.
I already had the stock reinforcement bar cut up to fit the ETS kit, which I still have along with the old cover if I decide to use that for track use.

MMCVR4

Quoting mooserage:
Never had em, previous owner took em out, Its ok, I have plans for the void /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Front brake ducts?

Vman911

I'm running fogs in mine. FMIC fit just nicely. Now my dads vr4 had to lose a passenger fog cause the intercooler was way to big. of course he got the car like that.

GIjoe

Previous owner took the fogs out to fit the FMIC (but the piping could be re-done in a way to fit the fogs...)

got the car with the fogs an the bumper support sitting in the back seat, and i put em back in, i think it looks funny without em

Adorsey

I have the fogs in, but license plate is over the driver side. Soon going to remove it, an probably a 90 OFH and cooler in its place.

DR1665

Quoting raptorreed:
pointless to just have one functional light.

Hear that, Nate? All that money and hard work for what? Pointlessness.

I am sorry your turbo ate that headlight.

464/1000 came with JDM fogs. They're a bit rough, but they're doable.

195/2000 came with the usual one good/one jacked USDM fogs. I sold the one that was decent on here. For whatever reason now, though, I have a box with three pairs of these things. I might just put a $20 HID kit in all of them and mount them to the bumper for wannabe rally lights.

2of9

i miss mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

turbophein

i'm a fan of the fogs, they look great installed.

my passenger side is out at the momnent, but at least i found the bracket i needed to mount it.

FMIC + US Fogs FTW!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned