The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone with a GVR4 that does not leak oil?

curtis

Hard for stuff to leak when its all in boxes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

78,000 miles on the rebuild and no real leaks. I had to replace a valve cover gasket and turbo drain to oil pan gasket. They weren't dripping, but there was a bit of oily residue, so I replaced them.

Armitage

219,000 miles and everything that can leak has done so at some point /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The car is completely leak-free now though and has been for years.

Last edited:

chrisfullwood

Im pretty sure, when my block we bored out, or even way back when it was poured into the mold. it was given a special treatment that gave it a cheese cloth type structure, for oil to poor out constantly.

my car has sat for a year... and there is fresh oil around the valve cover, from where... who knows. i swear there are mitsubishi pixies or midgets or something that get in and poor oil all over the engine.... lol

Quoting MitsuDriver274:
I have owned two vr4's, none of them leaked any oil, but I did have a problem with the oil pump seal popping out of the oil pump housing after deleting the balance shafts. Anyone have a similar problem?

92 tsi did the same thing... oil leaks make me sad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned