The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

anyone rebuild turbos?

Brunoboy

What kits are you guys using for a 16g? I have seen the Gpop shop but looking for reliable alternatives as well. Thanks
-Shane

Lucas03ES

I used Gpopshop for the rebuild on my Garrett. It came with instructions and was a quality kit, and they are really friendly and easy to work with.

Brunoboy

how was shipping time?

Lucas03ES

It was pretty quick, within 5 days it was here but I don't remember exactly. I actually called them first, and they hooked me up with the oil feed and drain gaskets for free when I placed my order. They will also help you out if you have questions over the phone which is really cool. I'd definitely use them again.

Hope it helps! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brunoboy

thanks for the info, i was also told to look at Kamak Dynamics for the parts in the kit are revised. anyone ever dealt with them?
-shane

OMFGeofffff

that might be the kit that justin over at toonerz recommends. I have it bookmarked on my laptop I'll double check it in the morning.

curtis

Call Jeff at turbo auto in Nashville its on Charlotte ave. He has an in house balancer, kits are usually in stock plus he use to own one of these cars way back when they smelled new. Balance is the key. I've put kits in turbos more than once after marking everything to make sure everything is perfectly in the exact same spot when torqued back down but if you let one wheel clock a few degrees or twist the shaft when torquing it down the balance is off and could die a fast death. Have to remember these things see 100K rpm's plus and a gram out of balance is alot.

Also alot of the 16G's etc have reverse thread shafts so always check to make sure your taking it apart correctly with a t handle not a normal wrench or socket.

Brunoboy

Quoting OMFGeofffff:
that might be the kit that justin over at toonerz recommends. I have it bookmarked on my laptop I'll double check it in the morning.

That's exactly who told me to get it lol, I called them and they quoted me $65 shipped.

Brunoboy

Quoting curtis:
Call Jeff at turbo auto in Nashville its on Charlotte ave. He has an in house balancer, kits are usually in stock plus he use to own one of these cars way back when they smelled new. Balance is the key. I've put kits in turbos more than once after marking everything to make sure everything is perfectly in the exact same spot when torqued back down but if you let one wheel clock a few degrees or twist the shaft when torquing it down the balance is off and could die a fast death. Have to remember these things see 100K rpm's plus and a gram out of balance is alot.

Also alot of the 16G's etc have reverse thread shafts so always check to make sure your taking it apart correctly with a t handle not a normal wrench or socket.

Thanks for the advice Curtis!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned