The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone local to rebuild trans?

Captn

Looking to find someone in the Milwaukee area or Chicago area to rebuild my trans. Anyone know of someone that does good work? I know people are out there I am just having a hard time finding them! Anything helps, however I do not want to ship out my trans and I am only looking at spending around 450$, that may change if its not possible for that price. Just let me know!

Its really only my second gear that needs to be rebuilt by the way.

Last edited:

snohacking

click

Tim is a cool guy and knows trans in and out

Also I believe his sn is twicks69

Last edited:

Lofty

x2 on Tim. Close buddy of mine, guarantee that you will not be dissapointed by him.

Oh, and I can promise you that if you're second gear is bad, more will be bad than just the syncro... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Last edited:

4wheelsqueal

X3 tim can rebuild trannys in his sleep. Does an awesome job and a great guy to deal with.

Lofty

I don't think he'd be happy to hear you said he sleeps with trannys.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

twicks69

LOL, I can build transmissions in my sleep; I don't sleep with trannies. ROFL!

Yeah, my username was deleted off this forum probably due to inactivity over some duration of time, so it is back online -- I am 'twicks69' on most of the DSM forums.

My business is TMZ Performance -- www.tmzperformance.com

If you need anything, just shoot me an email -- [email protected]

Thanks,

Tim Zimmer
TMZ Performance

Captn

Hey Tim it's Taylor I contacted you a few weeks ago. I will have my trans ready for you sometime within march, I'm getting married at the end of the month so I haven't had much time to do anything. I will keep in touch and get an exact date when I can.

Awesome to hear your work is top notch. I found out about you from a guy at work he says he knows you from oscars, his name is Matt drives a built fox body.

twicks69

Sweet! Yeah, it is a small world sometimes! I hung out with the Brew City Muscle guys for a long time in my Hwy100 days.

Yeah when you are ready, simply call me or email me. The info is all on my website @ www.tmzperformance.com

Also, good luck with the wedding! I look forward to hearing from you in the near future!

Thanks,

Captn

Yeah the big day is the 29th, I have to be the smartest man ever... Anniversary every 4 years.

So are you going to give me a discount as a wedding present? rofl just kidding.

rgeier11

Quoting Captn:
Looking to find someone in the Milwaukee area or Chicago area to rebuild my trans. Anyone know of someone that does good work? I know people are out there I am just having a hard time finding them! Anything helps, however I do not want to ship out my trans and I am only looking at spending around 450$, that may change if its not possible for that price. Just let me know!

Its really only my second gear that needs to be rebuilt by the way.

With a $450 budget, you should probably just buy a used transmission. Wait until you have the proper budget or resources to build your transmission.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned