The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone installed these rear evo seats?

stealthtt24

Anyone installed these evo 9 seats in the rear? I know Ive seen the 8's installed but not sure on the 9's... trying to find a pic...

1106687_600.jpg

1106692_600.jpg

I never finished the rear seat install, because I put in 5pt harnesses and I am going to be doing a cage in the very near future. But you can get the picture. In the rear the seats poke up a bit, and you would need to trim the foam to get them to fit well. Just follow the how to and they will fit awesome.

Lonewolf64

Is it possible to make the Evo seats work with the stock automatic seat belts?

Brunoboy

i had cut out the bottom too much on the rears, so it didnt stay in the hole because the holes were cut to big. so I made lil brackets that worked ahaha

stealthtt24

Can you take pics to explain what you are talking about? It looks like the top portion of the rear seats will be easy, but the bottom portion where your butt goes will be harder...

stealthtt24

I saw crankwalks thread on the rear seat and the theboz told me i just need to trim the foam molding very carefully on the bottom rear seat to make it fit right. I will PM him though...

4wheelsqueal

i am intrested in how to do this too. if you don't mind, post your results, please!

Quoting TheBoz:
In the rear the seats poke up a bit, and you would need to trim the foam to get them to fit well. Just follow the how to and they will fit awesome.

Follow my How To and you dont have to trim. The trick was drilling through the fender well and using a stainless bolt and washer to pull it flush.

stealthtt24

Jay! I knew you would chime in here. I think he was talking about the rear seats where your butt goes. Is that what you were talking about or were you thinking of the top portion of the rear seat? That seems to be the idea with the top part but the rear part looks like the only way it will fit right is to cut some foam.

I will post my results when im done!

Are the 8 and 9 rears different shapes? I wallowed out the grooves in the cars metal where the bench slides in and then everything just dropped in.

img.php

stealthtt24

Wallowed out what grooves in the cars metal? You talking about the big hump in this picture?

img.php

^Yeah iirc there were metal tabs on the bottom of the evo bench and the metal on the actually car was a little off center to those holes so I widened them and it was still a snug fit.

This was over 2 years ago so its kinda fuzzy

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts