The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

anyone have TAKATA GREEN wheels pics on a gvr4?

ya there not grate wheels i bought them for $50 so i don't mind painting them I'm going to get the flat spots taking out before paint!

2of9

I did a quick PS. what do you guys think? i think Takata Green Volk TE37s would be nicer.
hgrr4.jpg

Lonewolf64

Like I said earlier, it looks disgusting...not in a good way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Wizardawd

I've always been a Bronze or Black wheel on a white car fan. White on White is so.....mid 90s? Reminds me of the Anniversary 5.0L Mustang Convertibles. White body, white rims and matching white leather interior. God it was awful.

Kinda like painting your car Hot Pink, sure it looks really cool the first few days. But, then you realize you're driving a pink car. Or a car with neon green wheels.

Wiz

boostingwild

evo with green wheels sic..gvr4 with green wheel sick..

DO IT!!!! Personally I love it. And the fact that people say they "HATE IT" would make me want to do it so much more. I have a belize green, so it would look like a steaming poop... But summit looks really good. Its just different and I like it. That 240 Looks AMAZING though.
-Greg

blacksheep

Quoting Heckert:
Its not a Civic, Evo or 240 son.

FIXED. gvr4 is too boxy and the ribbish sides etc don't make it quite look right with those wheels IMHO. Now for the roadcourse or something, go for it.

If you wanted a color for street use, I would do the Volk Mag Blue's on a white car....

jepherz

Staff member
Even if I did like the look, I'd never put them on a street car. I try and refrain from anything out-standish for fear that some jackass will key a car with those types of features.

Just a thought.

And to all the comments above, I don't think the color of the wheel is related to the type of car at all, only the color. The style of the wheel is all that can make/break it on the style of the car. If green wheels look good on a white evo, then green wheels can look just as good on a white van. IMO...

Last edited:

Boostin21

i'm going green with some rota grids on the vr4. its eco friendly IMO...

ApexHunter

obviously they looked best on the takata nsx....but i have yet to see another car that can pull it off as well. the 240rs maxi kinda pulls (that car is awesome). really i think it works only on purpose built circuit monsters like those. same with the neon orange, pink, yellow, red. IMHO they look out of place on the subdued bodied gvr4. i like bronze/gunmetal/white/black best.

Last edited:

H05TYL

If you like it, just do it.

Personally I think it'd be done to best effect on a circuit car, or really tough street car - maybe with wise wheels and fender flares like the Cruise vr4 from japan.
Your going to be drawing alot of attention to it - is that what you want?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned