The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone have any pics of stock 1G springs all around on AGX's?

I was going to highjack the Pro kit / AGX thread, but this is a bit different...

I'm about to do one of these combo's on my 91:

AGX's all around
Stock 1G DSM Front Springs
Stock GVR4 Rear Springs

AGX's all around
Stock 1G DSM Front Springs
Stock GVR4 Rear Springs - with a coil cut to level it out

Anyone have an experience with either of these combo's, or better yet pics?

TIA

quote:Originally posted by silly4turbo:

stock springs w/ AGX's... only thing is I got the 205/55/15's up front and 205/50/16's in back , it slopes a lil' to the front, but rides great...
Stock GVR4 springs, or stock 1G springs? I only question it cus it seems pretty high in the rear, and so many say that its unproportionally lower in the rear with stock 1G springs.

Can you pleas clarify?

Thanks for the reply btw!

stock gvr4 springs... it is a little high in the rear ... but only buy a 1/2 or so... I can measure it tomarrow morning, can't tell when driving, , I just put them last saturday, and haven't put many miles on them, is it possible they still need time to break in ?

one thing I like about stock height is that I can go from pavement to dirt and still have fun :)

BluFalcon

stock springs w/ AGX's... only thing is I got the 205/55/15's up front and 205/50/16's in back , it slopes a lil' to the front, but rides great...
Uhh aren't you supposed to have the same sized tires all around on a AWD? Something about burning up the viscous coupling? I could be wrong....

You are correct. I just did the math, and your rear's are ~0.8% larger (in circumference). 75 in. for the front, and 75.6 in. for the rear. If you travel one mile, that's 844.8 revolutions for the front axle and 851.56 revolutions in the rear. (my math may be a bit off, but the theory and implications remain the same) This might be a negligible difference for the center diff, but at cruising speeds for long distances it might not be. Is it really worth it? Don't be ghetto and do it right.

it's not that ghetto, well maybe a little, anyway, I had to put them on for the last storm we had, the rear ties suck in the snow, I'll be putting my other tires on tomarrow

i am ghetto, but i would never run different size wheel diameters.

those wheels (rear) look nice on your car tho.

ok ghetto homie ... thanks for the info though, I didn't realize the potential harzard in running different size wheels... now I know

stock gvr4 springs... it is a little high in the rear ... but only buy a 1/2 or so... I can measure it tomarrow morning, can't tell when driving, , I just put them last saturday, and haven't put many miles on them, is it possible they still need time to break in ?

one thing I like about stock height is that I can go from pavement to dirt and still have fun :)
So does anyone have any pics of their car with AGX's and 1G DSM(Eclipse/Talon/Laser AWD) springs? Thats what I actually meant...

Stay tuned for another couple weeks and I'll have pics up. I just got some 1g stockers from a local guy but haven't had a chance to put them on...the vr4 already has agx's on it so it should be just what you're looking for.

quote:Originally posted by Numberless:
Stay tuned for another couple weeks and I'll have pics up. I just got some 1g stockers from a local guy but haven't had a chance to put them on...the vr4 already has agx's on it so it should be just what you're looking for. Great! I'll hold on my install till you have some pics!

...so you dont have to wait...
img.php

kyb Gr2's with 1g GSX springs all around....rides and handles like a champ.

it's kinda hard to tell, looks like maybe the drive is slightly sloped plus all the shadows ...

it's kinda hard to tell, looks like maybe the drive is slightly sloped plus all the shadows ... Yeah, 91, can you tell us how level it is front to back? As in, can you tell us how much of a gap from fender lip to tire there is on the front, as compared to the back?

It is kinda hard to see with pic on the shady side of a dark and lovely car like that.
tongue.gif

Can I trouble you for a quick measurement?

quote:Originally posted by Hertz:
Hope you don't mind 680 --
This large version is easier to see.
Cool Thanks Hertz! Whoa! That looks perfect! Not too dumped, not too high! Sits like a stock Volvo or Bimmer! Thats what I want. Can't wait for my springs to come in! Everyone was saying that I'd have permanent G Squat but that looks pretty spot on!

"91" your car looks sweet! Thanks for the pic!

no worries Hertz...I should've done that in the beginning. I'm glad you like the way my car looks JayGVR4 and I'm sure you'll love it when you have your suspension in.

quote:Originally posted by 91 #680:
no worries Hertz...I should've done that in the beginning. I'm glad you like the way my car looks JayGVR4 and I'm sure you'll love it when you have your suspension in. Actually, after looking at my car parked today, I'm having reservations on doing the 1G springs all around. I'm thinking now I'll take a look at it with 1G AWD stockers on the front, and GVR4 stockers on the rear. Mine are pretty saggy in the rear as it is, however that might change once i put the fresh AGX's in. but i'm wondering how my car will look with the said combo. I'll have to see once I get the springs this week.

Some GVR4 buds of mine (both with AGX's/GC CO's) said that they had decided for me that they were not going to "allow" me to go this "ghetto" route. Normally I'd laugh this off, but I'll be using thier experienced help and lift so.... Who knows, I may have to try getting Ground Controls anyway... We'll see this week.

quote:Originally posted by Hertz:
Tein! My budget is $400 max. Are you contributing to the cause!?!
grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts