The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone else order Mangus cast manifold lately?

OoThomioO

I decided to go with their newest cast intake manifold. Placed order and paid on March 31st but still have not received the part. Talked to them around the beginning of June and was told if I had the stock gas tank that there would be a fitment issue. Received this email:

It has come to our attention that Somehow we are interfering with the stock gas tank at this moment, (with one that was returned to us) and we have to make some changes to the fixture.
We had already done this years ago when we made the first modification. There is a little bit of confusion here at the moment over this. So we’ve got to remake this one for you, and adjust one spot for clearance to the filler neck.

Not trying to bash the company or anything, just curious if other people are going through this as well lol

GSX_TC

Wow that is rediculous, what hell would the dam filler neck and fuel tank have to do with the cast intake manifold? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

They must have you confused with a customer that has ordered an aluminum fuel cell.

number3

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting OoThomioO:</font><hr />
I decided to go with their newest cast intake manifold. Placed order and paid on March 31st but still have not received the part. Talked to them around the beginning of June and was told if I had the stock gas tank that there would be a fitment issue. Received this email:

It has come to our attention that Somehow we are interfering with the stock gas tank at this moment, (with one that was returned to us) and we have to make some changes to the fixture.
We had already done this years ago when we made the first modification. There is a little bit of confusion here at the moment over this. So we’ve got to remake this one for you, and adjust one spot for clearance to the filler neck.

Not trying to bash the company or anything, just curious if other people are going through this as well lol

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Is this for your Galant?

mitsuturbo

If their new manifold interferes with the stock fuel tank, i know i won't be ordering one. The thing must be absolutely MASSIVE! It's got to weigh more than the entire engine, if it's interfering with the fuel tank.

GSX_TC

Lol but it has superior top end though lol

OoThomioO

Yeah I've been confused about this the whole time lol. Being busy with work and my mr-2, the time kinda flew by until recently. Anyways I'm waiting on an answer : /

OoThomioO

Just bumping this...

Asked for a refund 10 days ago since I found a deal on an intake manifold and took it. Since I've asked for a refund I have not received any sort of reply (the other e-mails were same day). Last I talked with Marco, he gave me the same line as last time...they were going into production "next week."

I just don't know what to do now...wait on the manifold to finally ship then sell it at an obvious loss? I don't even know how much longer I'll have the galant much less how much longer I want to wait on this manifold. -_-

LUNARFX

I know at the Shootout a few weeks ago, when a member here asked about his particular order, Marco was hoping he wasn't going to run into anyone who has an order placed because of the delay. His response I believe was pretty similar to yours. Maybe the member will chime in.

Mate I wanted one to be shipped to me in Australia and did not here anything from them for two weeks so gave up. I have sellted on a hypertune manifold and hypertune throttle body and it's a 10day turnaround.

JNR

Maybe they meant the stock fuel line or something...

Anyway, that is ridiculous to wait that long for anything and I wouldn't do business with a place like that. Sounds like some of these custom bumper shops that seem to think 6 monthy lead time is acceptable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Noobsauce

Sadly it's happening everywhere in production. We ordered 10 race cranks and it's been 10 months. They say we're next on the list. We have dealt with others and sadly that's how American facility's work. Very few are on time anymore.

JNR

That's a shame and these 'shops' do not really impress me with being any high quality you'd expect for the price...but, what choice do most people have...guess you could buy 2 chinese specials instead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

onesickcrx

Magnus is located in Canada just pointing that out...

I used JMF which is located in the United State. Everything I've had them build or I bought was shipped and finished when promised... Just saying that goes a long way with me.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

onesickcrx

I wouldn't even bother to respond to this normally but todays 9/11 Have some respect for your country!

There may be a invisible line but saying its a American facility and it isn't is incorrect.

I think Mangus makes some really nice products like there new intake manifold, if you can hold off for little id wait for it. This thing is suppose to make really big gains and keep all the cylinders close to flowing the same.

turbowop

Quoting Noobsauce:
Just because there is an invisible line seperating us doesn't mean anything. Just saying...

You're trying to badmouth American industry by referencing a Canadian company that can't get product out in a timely fashion? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

OoThomioO

Well Marco got back with me today, says he was on vacation and asked for my paypal.I'm sure the manifolds will be the best yet, I was just tired of waiting on it. Anyways I'll update the thread again once I get my refund.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned