The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Any use a 63mm TB?

Terry Posten

That is from Steve at www.throttlebodys.com .

Good stuff but I bet you could do better on his web site instead of using ebay.

I have been using one of his rebiulds for years. So has many others on this site.

He is a quality guy that stands behind his work.

Thanx Terry, But this also says elimanates the elbow? How does this attach to the intercooler pipe?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

You would have to cut the flange on the intercooler pipe and use a coupler to connect it to the throttle body. You actually have to cut the flange and a bit from the pipe to make it work right. The intercooler pipe would have to put a bead on it the the couple doesn't pop off.

vapid

Also remember that you need to use link or another ECU mod thats able to set the idle speed, due to air slipping by the throttle plate. And you'll need to open up the inlet at the intake manifold to match the larger bore. But if you get it from Steve, he'll tell you, and be able to explain better.

MM did not tell me that.. And a bead on the intercooler pipe after a cut the flange. I may not want to do that.. But we'll see. Damn already bought it too. It's on the way. .This may wind up in the FS forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Click here for a home made intercooler pipe bead tool. Don't be a quitter.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Correct, 1g NT TB.

Quoting iLLeffeKt vr-4:
Click here for a home made intercooler pipe bead tool. Don't be a quitter.

MM thanx dosent look that hard your right, Juts not liking cutting my NEW ETS kit.. LOL Thanx for the link.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Quoting mac515:

MM thanx dosent look that hard your right, Juts not liking cutting my NEW ETS kit.. LOL Thanx for the link.

Then call ETS and have them make you an UICP that will work with that TB. When I went from a 16g to an FP Green they gave me a great deal on a new turbo outlet pipe and they threw in a lot of T-Bolt clamps since the ones that were shipped with the intercooler setup weren't that great. Great customer service from ETS.

I would but can't get a hold of Jesse, Revolution Motor sports. I got my kit from them on a killer sale.. I have tried Pm's( last three days) and called them but got voice mail.. ????

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Its summer time...some people go on vacation or don't log on here every day. Give it time I'm sure he'll get back to you, he's a really stand up guy.

No I know commmunicate was A++ till last Friday. My kit was to ship then or Monday an he said he would email me when it ships.I hope all is ok. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hi guys just to clarify I have been talking to Jesse again today so thats all good, An the TB I' getting is actully a 92 turbo same as mine just bored out so the stock elbow will work. You guys were right the pic a posted was a NA TB.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned