The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

any one want to talk about valves, flat vs dish

kooter

Just looking for opinions.
which is better for what?
From what I have gathered flat is better for exhaust, dish is better for intake.
Does it make any difference.

5OF2k

The shape of the faces of the valves will raise or lower the combustion chamber pressures when flat vs. dished due to reducing or increasing the space of the quench area, and therefore creating an increase in power. Generally, having flaat exhaust valves and dished intake valves will add to the swirl effect on exhaust, theoretically helping the exhaust gasses exit the combusion chamber quicker. Now, unless you've got a head thats ported beyond belief or a racecar making a million and a half horsepower, its really not going to make a major difference either way. It's mainly a factor on very built, ultra high-performance engines.

-Jake

kooter

Very good that is just the answer I was hoping to hear.
Thank you, I appreciate the help.
As well as the quickness.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned