The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

any one know. 1991 galant vr4 stock rims. fit on a 1990 fwd NA galant e33a

kooter

I am just curious as I have brand new tires that have been sitting on the gvr4. If the rims will fit my other galant non turbo front wheel drive car I might just throw them on and put a little milage on them.

thank you

raptorWagon

The same wheels came on the FWDs, just not painted if they had the wagon wheels.

kooter

It came with steel wheels, long since replaced. I kind figured they would fit fine just thought I would ask for peace of mind. Not sure if awd and fwd had any difference. Well we shall slap them on later this week and see what happens.

raptorWagon

It's not like you're attempting to put low offset wheels on the car. Stock VR4 wheels are +46mm as is.

kooter

When it comes to wheels and tires backspacing and offset I really don't have a clue yet. So I was basically looking for a definative no way won't work. Otherwise I will put them on. I just wanted to get a few miles on them since they have been sitting for about a year or so.

kooter

Well finally got around to doing this. Had to wait to get time to put struts and shocks on the dd.
All went well except for putting aftermarket from the base onto the gvr4. Front calipers are too big so they had to be removed for wheels to fit.
Was good times and alot of fun let me tell you. One car in the shop the other in the parking lot.

Lancer99

Hey i bought my wifes mini van from you guys. Patrick Hyundai right? I posted a pic of your black one awhile back ago asking if anyone knew anything about it. Is my old ford fusion still there...lol. If need a set of GVR4 rims I have a set of white 91's

kooter

Yea that's the place alright. Not sure about the ford when did you trade it in. They don't tend to keep trade in very long.
I totally missed that post about 148 my black gvr4. It has yet to be jsb. Yet has been without an engine almost as long as I have owned it.
Hope they took care of you. Hate to admit it but our sales team has been known to be lacking. Althought they do seem to be trying to make things better for "the customer"
Only reason I did the swap was to get some mileage on the brand new tires that have only gone from this side of the parking lot to that side in the last 2ish years. I don't mind having the car apart, miles are staying low, zero maintenance cost, has had a full tank of gas for afore mentioned two years, hasn't broken down, and to this day I haven't broken or blown anything up. Damn do I miss driving it.
Soon though soon will come the day.
Also just picked up 1929/2000 pretty rusty. Plan at this point make it drivable. Ok maybe not completely safe, and use it for after work and weekend romps around the neighborhood. Not have to worry or car if something breaks or whatever just something for fun.
I did think maybe I could just strip it down and drop it off at our body shop and say fix all this rust and will work out the cost later.

Lancer99

I think a couple months ago. it was a 2010 ford fusion and I left the galant vr4 .org sticker on there

mitsuturbo

Two years with the same fuel in the tank?

You're gonna want to drain that ish and use it in your NA car, provided it's still even usable.

kooter

When the time comes I will empty it. Clean it. Reseal it. Paint it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned