The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Another "new" Guy!!

Well I figured it was about time I did one of these. New guy here, I am picking up a GVR4 from a buddie 853/2k (if memory serves me right). I have been into DSMs for a while now, had a few 1st gens, 1 I dumped a bunch of money into just to have the T-case lock up on me at 50MPH. Trashed EVERYTHING in the drive train, that kinda discouraged me so I got out of the game for a few years, but I could not pass up the chance to grab this VR4. Its in great condition, PO was a 60yr guy before my buddie got a hold of it. Bone stock, other than the motor was rebuilt around 70k ago. All work to the car was done at the stealership. And the interior is almost flawless!

My goals for the car is to build a "reliable", quick and beautiful car, it will turn into my DD so I am not looking to go crazy fast in it. As I stated I have been out of the scene for a few years so I will probably be asking a few dumb and maybe some not so dumb questions in the months to come, so please bear with me.

*cuz I know someone will ask: *pics to come soon*

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome to the org. Everything you need to know about these bueaties is right here. I would love to see the pics. Good luck

DR1665

Quoting Boostl33k:
I could not pass up the chance to grab this VR4. Its in great condition, PO was a 60yr guy before my buddie got a hold of it. Bone stock, other than the motor was rebuilt around 70k ago. All work to the car was done at the stealership. And the interior is almost flawless!

Sounds like one of Jon(smininbike)'s cars.

Welcome. Two things: You're STILL out of the DSM game, but you STILL need to make sure the tcase recall is handled.

Diego

Quoting DR1665:
but you STILL need to make sure the tcase recall is handled.

i took mine to my local Mitsu dealer before it locked up on me, and they wouldnt honour the recall. so i said fine, drove it ~100 miles and it locked up... oh i love my local mitsu dealer.. all money, no help

Funny thing is I actually had already done the recall on the one that locked up. Pain in the ass to get them to do the right work, but when you supply them with copies of all the original paperwork sent out to all the dealers they start doing what you ask. Looking back now I should have gone after the dealership to fix all that was damaged, but as I said I was discouraged and I didn't feel like spending the next few months after in court battles.

As to the VR4 I am sure the recall has been done as the PO took real good care of the car. I will still call and verify as it wont hurt anything.

Here are the pics as promised. Been working a lot of hours this last couple weeks or these would have been up sooner. And I was wrong its 852/2000. enjoy

That's rare to find one that's not hacked and ghettofied. Good find, keep it clean, and IMO, any part you ugrade, keep the parts(OEM) that you remove so you can restore it back to bone stock if need be.

Great find no doubt. Makes me realize how bad a shape mine is really in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Whoodoo

I got my car bone stock as well and I will second the OEM bit. If you do anything to it, make sure you do it right and make sure you can undo it. These cars are rare and some of them, unfortunately, have been hacked to sh*t. There is enough support here and examples of how to do it 'right', so use it! Good luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The car will go under the wrench for some go fast goodies yes, but I am just looking to get a good looking and quick DD out of it! All parts will be kept, made the mistake of junking a lot of parts from my old talon that I could have used a time or 2.

Engine bay shots as requested:

Found this today too!!

Anyone got a 2nd gen manifold for sale?!?!

Very common for the 1g mani's. Post a WTB thread, somebody has a 2g or an evo mani FS I'm sure. She's a dirty girl huh. Hope you take better care of her than the PO. Give her a bath and a little detailing. That does wonders.

The car was taken car of mechanically, but it don't look like the PO cared too much about how it looked under the hood. Once I collect the parts and rebuild the motor the bay will get a good cleaning.

And I cant post a WTB ad till I can drop this damn newbie status /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif But I am sure some one from my local forum has a manifold.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned