The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Another day being a galant owner

slowpoke

So out of no where today was cruising the vr4. When all of sudden a rod let loose and put a hole in the block. I will be putting in my spare motor from my talon in it when I come back from California in a few weeks. But very frustrated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Sorry for the crappy cell pics. It's all I have. But back to jack stand racing!

Last edited:

slowpoke

Hoping so. Maybe have some more goodies on it so I can enjoy it as a daily again for summer.

MellowVR4

Fawk joe!

strokin4dr

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Good luck with swappage!

slowpoke

Yeup putting my spare motor that has arp head studs and mls in and gonna make a nice high 11 daily out of her. I wasn't even beating on it when it happened just all of a sudden boom! And car shuts off.

slowpoke

Well after an hour of work. Pulled the head and this is what I pulled out of it.

GVR4kauai

My gst did just about the same thing. I thought I spun a bearing and that's why it all broke. But come to find out the balance shaft belt which was new shredded and I guess somehow the balance shaft hit the number 4 rod and boooommmm
!!! Lol

slowpoke

Yea I was pretty freaked out when it happened. It was like I down shifted from 5th to 1st it hit so hard, even turned the wipers on. Pretty intense.

slowpoke

Well I pulled the motor and trans tonight. And found the culprit to this mishap. Oil pump was fully locked up.

I won't be installing the new motor till I come back from California in a few weeks as I want to clean the bay fix some wiring and other neglected problems first.

As far as this new motor goes it's a fully rebuilt motor with arp head studs and mls gasket.

following mods will be done towards the end of the year.

3052 or 3065 turbo
1350cc injectors
Rewired 255
1g fmic
fp manifold
V3 speed density
272 cams (kelford or hks)
smim
Carbon fiber hood and trunk
Gold/bronze wheels I'm not sure on brand going to see what's out there and style I like.
tint the windows

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. So stay tuned for a build thread fellas!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned