The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

aluminum rear bumper version 2.0 with shock dampeners

curtis

First one I did is in the how to section ...you can go look it up. Need to start the leaves in the yard no time for links.

Volvo bumper core and Volvo shock dampeners total weight of everything 22 lbs
Cut the tops off the extra factory mounts I had then tigged them to a piece of exhaust pipe then slid them over the Volvo shocks and welded the front to the extra piece of metal that was there from the factory that I milled off and welded the rear of the tube to the area where there's no fluid/slime/whatever they use inside that's under pressure. If you do this pay attention contents under pressure and welding could make a big mess when the thing explodes. After that cut the bumper down in lenght and lined it up on the mounts marked and drilled holes to size and pressed in the Volvo factory studs. Placed on the car to make sure it fit and took these pictures and no not for mine but from someone on here, by the way I suppose were now in stage 2 . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Sorry inside joke. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope this meets Toybreaker's approval rating /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RedTwo

The new VR4 Q Branch edition: Fitted with ejector seats, machine guns, bulletroof shieds and [bthree[/b] beverage cup holders

"Just try and bring this one back in one piece, 007!"

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Yea welds could have been better but trying to direct the heat in the opposite direction away from the shock and cooling it off every 1/4 inch with an air nozzle was a pain but better than it blowing up.

cheekychimp

Quoting RedTwo:
The new VR4 Q Branch edition: Fitted with ejector seats, machine guns, bulletroof shieds and [bthree[/b] beverage cup holders

"Just try and bring this one back in one piece, 007!"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Does it still have that thing in the back for Miss Money Penny Q?

Seriously Curtis, that looks awesome now I can brake hard in front of drug dealers without a worry.

number3

What is wrong with the oem setup. Very strong anD very proven.

Weight? But you need some weight in the back to balance the lump in the front. Corner weight is important too. IMHO.

curtis

Well he's also getting a shorten rear bumper and a steel bumper doesn't fit in there anymore

number3

That would be a good reason.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned