The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Homemade rear bumper support help

Yeah I don't get it....the car always shows up super dark. It really is like 2 shades lighter. Something with the camera.

Here is another...feel free to dislike it or like it everyone. I am happy with it personally. As another poster said, have at it once I have it up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll survive, especially since I like it.

mr.mitsu

Dzus (sp?) 1/4 turn clips in the corners would be nice too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Diego

Day time pictures would be better. There is still sun outside why not snap a better picture.

Finally here you go...not bad for a NEW PART....$210 shipped as opposed to paying nearly $500 bucks shipped for a used JDM one. That's just me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

citymunky

I like it. Any side pic's of the car, I would like to see how low it goes.

Last edited:

Brunoboy

New alternative to a Jdm rear ?

Thanks, will try to get some more pics tomorrow in the light after the turkey deep fry lol.

stealthtt24

Actually not half bad, little wide for my taste but otherwise for $210 thats a pretty good option.

Yes, I agree on the width. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here is a pic from the side for citymunky as requested.

citymunky

thanks for the side pic, but I'm trying to see to whole side profile. ( I just hate kits the tend to be lower than the rest of the car.)

A pic like this or something close.
vr4driverside3.jpg

I'll get some more pics soon. If that is your car, it looks great. I can tell you just from looking at the bumper that it is lower than the rest of the other panels so it probably wouldn't suit you. There are other parts to the body kit, but unless something else happened to 76 I wouldn't bother with it.

citymunky

Haha that's not my Galant, is not even the same color as mine. Anyway is a pic of what I was talking about. Note how the front bumper sits like a inch lower than the side skirts.
riced+out+mitzu.jpg

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting blkchr91:

Could you not find a stock USDM rear bumper for the car? That thing doesn't look right at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

cheekychimp

I actually don't think that with a back bumper it is as much of an issue as with the front. I'd actually be interested in a full side profile shot as well. I do think as it stands it looks a little bit too wide at the back but it really isn't a bad looking bumper by all accounts.

I admit like most on this forum that this car does not lend itself to extravagant body kits, but looking at that makes me wonder if some tastefully done flares with wider wheels and a similar front bumper might look quite good as long as the styling remained close to that of the OEM JDM/AMG front bumper.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned